IGNORED

How many are done with NJH?

IanB21

I belong to a lot of forums' date=' but NJH being close to home became the one I visited most. There is a lot of information there from some very knowledgeable sportsmen. Always something learned and things to discover. The trouble was it become rife with drama and the word sportsman flew out the window. Try as you might to keep it on track, there is always someone throwing f bombs and making the experience less than desirable. It was as if there was a competition to who could be the most crude despite knowing there are women and children who visit the site. I'm not a prude by any means, but that behavior is really uncalled for. If Kris allowed that to go on I'm disappointed in him.

Also,voicing an honest opinion is met with hostility many times by those thinking they arethe smartest guy in the room. Rather than agree to disagree, arguments ensue and people pile on. Make one statement or action that don't fit the mindset of a mob and you know where it ends up. Then again maybe all those Sybil's (multiple personalities) on the site had a lot to do with that.

I'll still visit NJH as I do all the others. Knowing what to expect, of course. The one thing that is constant is change. A lot of forums are not what they used to be. People come and people go for a lot of the reasons and examples we see @ NJH . Those sites with a solid foundation on respect and sticking to the rules will continue to thrive.

[/quote']

You hit the nail on the head. The cop bashing threads were the ones that pretty much drove me away from that site for periods of time. I joined that site in August of 2005 hoping it would be a decent hunting forum but it turned out to be like returning to sophomore year in high school.

Heres hoping this one turns out better:beer:

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I this site way better than NJH. I mainly fish so the setup here is way better. The other problem there was the doomsday crowd. quick close the shades the drones are watching!

Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish.

-Steven Wright

I was a member on the other site since 2005, I visited it more than any other site, but hardley posted at all the last 4-5 years. I'm over here now and only hope the mods do a much better job. and yes if there is a sponsor thing like the other site I would be interested.

Maybe people need to get PM's on the other site to get the players over here, I can't continue my dominance without the competition. :rofl:

Daytona 3 weeks away.

The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness.

YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF - Benjamin Franklin

I'm not done with it .I'll still stop in and see whats going on over there.With this site up and running i get the best of both worlds.Its like 7-11 and wawa what ever floats your boat that day.They both serve up the same thing it's just that some peolpe perfer one from the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Was a member there from early on. Just got tired of posters thinking they were professionals in every aspect of the outdoors. From game management, shot placement, politics, to how to tie your shoes, so many had such disparaging comments to others as if they were all knowing. I started by not posting, but after awhile I couldn't even stand looking anymore. Such a shame what was allowed to go on there. I do have a question. If the site was sold, why would the buyer not be concerned with improving or atleast keeping up with the site? Why would the new owner not contact the current mods to touch base or let them know whats expected of them? or simply to just "fire them"? Sounds weird to me.

Was a member there from early on. Just got tired of posters thinking they were professionals in every aspect of the outdoors. From game management' date=' shot placement, politics, to how to tie your shoes, so many had such disparaging comments to others as if they were all knowing. I started by not posting, but after awhile I couldn't even stand looking anymore. Such a shame what was allowed to go on there. I do have a question. If the site was sold, why would the buyer not be concerned with improving or atleast keeping up with the site? Why would the new owner not contact the current mods to touch base or let them know whats expected of them? or simply to just "fire them"? Sounds weird to me.

[/quote']

Your questions are the same many of us have had for months. Can't wait around forever hoping, so I decided to create something that has a clear direction defined and will communicate with the members :up: