IGNORED

Hunting Club Looking for New Members

We have a club that leases approximately 140 acres in the Oxford area. We are looking to bring the membership up to 10-12 members, The dues are $600.00 a year. We do not stock birds, It is primarily a deer hunting club, but some of the members hunt small game and turkey. If you are interested or have any questions please PM me. Thanx Jim.

As a member can one still hunt the 1000s of Public acres surrounding  your 140 that are Stocked with Birds   :headscratch:

What sense does this stupid  question even make? People are always asking to join private clubs so they don't have to hunt public lands all the time,here's an offer from a guy to join a club. If you have no interest then don't comment.

We have a club that leases approximately 140 acres in the Oxford area. We are looking to bring the membership up to 10-12 members, The dues are $600.00 a year. We do not stock birds, It is primarily a deer hunting club, but some of the members hunt small game and turkey. If you are interested or have any questions please PM me. Thanx Jim.

Pm Sent

Statements like they belong on NJ Hunter! Let's not turn this Site's Club and Land Lease section into that hot mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's wrong with what You call a statement.  It is Honest and upfront. Since many Hunting Clubs do an extensive background check or Referrals. Not OK give me $600 and you are now a member. To me, my earlier post was suspect from the start. for obvious reasons.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

What's wrong with what You call a statement. It is Honest and upfront. Since many Hunting Clubs do an extensive background check or Referrals. Not OK give me $600 and you are now a member. To me, my earlier post was suspect from the start. for obvious reasons.

If you posted it like you just did then yes that opens it up for conversation. The way it was worded originally though leaves it coming off as a negative and confrontational.

Some clubs are just about money grab and filling slots and it is why they are always looking for members. If hunters want to just jump into a club and clubs want to just take money that is their choice.

All I am saying is on the other site anytime someone posted about having openings people came out of the woodwork and were negative, nasty, sarcastic, etc. I don't want to see this forum turn into that. This could be very productive and a way to teach fellow hunters how to look for a good club as well.

So what it comes down to is this. It isn't so much what you said that was wrong (cause I do agree with your second wording and how you explained it) it was how it was originally presented that came off wrong.

When someone posts anything in their opinion is suspect it draws comments and may not agree with everyone. 

I could have gone on about the Posting for members but held Back since there were so many suspects things about the whole thing. 

Let me just say been there- done-That seen it. 

The whole matter may be Up & Up. BUT 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

When a thread is designed for a conversation then opinions are welcome

When someone is not asking for opinions, and just putting out information, then, unless interested, we shouldn't give our 2 cents just cause we're bored and feel like typing...

We don't need to comment on every post just because we can...

Before typing a reply, think to yourself "am I just replying because I'm bored out of my mind and have no control?"

If what you're writing is sarcastic, then the odds are we can all do without reading it... especially the OP

Sarcasm is welcomed, on certain threads to make everyone laugh. .. use your judgement is all I'm saying, reread your post before sending and press the back button if it's not adding value to the post

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

When a thread is designed for a conversation then opinions are welcome

When someone is not asking for opinions, and just putting out information, then, unless interested, we shouldn't give our 2 cents just cause we're bored and feel like typing...

We don't need to comment on every post just because we can...

Before typing a reply, think to yourself "am I just replying because I'm bored out of my mind and have no control?"

If what you're writing is sarcastic, then the odds are we can all do without reading it... especially the OP

Sarcasm is welcomed, on certain threads to make everyone laugh. .. use your judgement is all I'm saying, reread your post before sending and press the back button if it's not adding value to the post

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If you posted it like you just did then yes that opens it up for conversation. The way it was worded originally though leaves it coming off as a negative and confrontational.

Some clubs are just about money grab and filling slots and it is why they are always looking for members. If hunters want to just jump into a club and clubs want to just take money that is their choice.

All I am saying is on the other site anytime someone posted about having openings people came out of the woodwork and were negative, nasty, sarcastic, etc. I don't want to see this forum turn into that. This could be very productive and a way to teach fellow hunters how to look for a good club as well.

So what it comes down to is this. It isn't so much what you said that was wrong (cause I do agree with your second wording and how you explained it) it was how it was originally presented that came off wrong.

Well said gents! :up: