IGNORED

Guide and Client Shot in Texas

Not sure if this was posted while I was in New Mexico but I heard about this the morning it happened, I was not far from this.

https://www.abqjournal.com/923857/nm-hunting-guide-client-wounded-in-alleged-border-attack.html 

https://www.gohunt.com/read/news/new-mexico-hunting-guide-and-client-shot-near-mexico-border 

Information Below Provided by GoHunt.com 

New Mexico hunting guide Walker Daugherty is in critical condition after retaliating against a band of Mexican kidnappers after his clients. Daugherty suffered a shot to his abdomen following gunfire between him and the assailants, who had already opened fire on the RV where Daugherty’s clients were staying.

The clients were still inside.

The incident occurred on the remote Circle Doug Ranch, west of Candelaria, TX, which is close to the Mexico border. According to The Westerner, Daugherty stumbled upon the attackers when he stepped outside of his nearby hunting lodge to investigate suspicious noise, which turned out to be several shooters targeting his clients’ RV. Shots soon echoed throughout the night as Daugherty and another guide, Michael Bryant, rushed to the clients’ defense. The RV was “riddled with bullet holes from the attack and suffered other structural damage” and Daugherty had to be pulled to safety, according to The Westerner.

The family, which runs Redwing Outfitters (a goHUNT Business Member), had been working with US Border Patrol recently after a series of thefts occurred on the ranch. Because of the number of attackers and direction of gunfire, the family suspects that the attackers intended to kill everyone there, according to The Westerner.

Hunting-guide-shot-near-Mexico-border.jp

Screenshot from an Instragrm post. Source: @HelenButt

Fortunately, Daugherty’s and Bryant’s wives were able to call 911 from inside the lodge, despite bad cell phone reception. The client’s wife, who is a nurse, was able to keep Daugherty’s bleeding under control while they waited for an hour for a medivac helicopter to arrive. He was taken to El Paso, TX and is in critical condition.

The client, Edwin Roberts, was shot in the arm and is expected to fully recover.

The attackers have not been found. There is a gofundme account that was setup by friends to help with medical expenses. You can donate to the gofundme account here

Do you think this was a botched kidnapping or something worse? 

i'm perplexed. I don't understand how they got their hands on firearms, I thought only the cartels and police had them.  Isn't it a crime to cross the border with a gun and then try to kill an American citizen.  Why were these guys hunting so close to the Mexican border, they should know better and hunting on their own land? Who does that?  That area is supposed to be for "dreamers" who want a better life for their families and they should not have to be harassed by "gringos" walking around with guns and having a good time while these poor people are just trying to go to work. They were only defending themselves against those intolerant Americans in their RV.   

It's time to lay some mines in that area. 

I just watched a very good program about the border and Mexico.NOTHING GOOD comes out of Mexico period the drugs the cartels human trafficking kidnapping that place is a nightmare south America is a nightmare the crime in Mexico is thru the ceiling they actually have more murder then Iraq and Afghanistan combined.them people want to leave Mexico because alot of them are criminals and wanted by cartels they have nobody to blame but themselves the whole country is a shit hole.I like how the former president fox wanted trump to apologize to Mexico for his comments trump doesn't owe a damn thing the president of Mexico should apologize to his countrymen for having such a shit land of a nation.I hope the victims of the hunting ranch get well soon and they catch these bad humbres

Edited by smoking gun

Do you think this was a botched kidnapping or something worse? 

Reading that story, I have a feeling there's a lot we dont know, and something's amiss.  

You dont carefully set-up a crossfire and riddle a vehicle with as many bullets as possible if you want to "kidnap" people, it sounds like they wanted to kill everyone in that vehicle. 

And why did they suggest a "kidnapping" in the first place?   Then you have the sheriff, who immediately dismisses the likelyhood that it was illegal aliens who did the shooting, which is odd (unless he's a liberal and that's his first instinct, like Obama with terrorism, etc..).

Still, the sheriff does have a point, if you're smuggling drugs or coyote'ing illegals across the border, creating the 4th of July meets the shootout at the O.K. Corral isnt part of you M.O.   Something seems really odd with this whole story.....

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

• 1 month later...