IGNORED

Fitness for Hunting

Batsto

3 hours ago, YurytheRed said:

Nice post. Good advise.

Thanks man! It gets harder to hit the gym as you age. I been fairly lucky thoughout my life outside a few broken bones,various atheletic type  surgeries, lyme disease and a new hip I still go to the gym 4 to 5 times a week. You have to make it part of your life style. It's funny we have long term economic plans, educational objectives, career goals, but we forget about an overall physical fitness plan to maintain a healthy life style. I have actually been more health conscious with the birth of my grandchildren. I pray that I will be able to hunt with my first grandson. Well, keep moving or they put dirt on you!!

Just now, Live to Hunt said:

Going on an Elk hunt in Wyoming in October and a Brown bear hunt in Aril 2020 on Kodiak Island.  

Good Luck! Be safe and have fun. I never did a long distance hunting trip, sounds exciting and very cool. It's unbelievable that we are thinking 2020, but time does fly

5 minutes ago, Batsto said:

Good Luck! Be safe and have fun. I never did a long distance hunting trip, sounds exciting and very cool. It's unbelievable that we are thinking 2020, but time does fly

Thank you. You should try one they are a lot of fun. Yes elk hunt has been 10 years of points and the bear hunt has been 6 years in the planning. I’m already booked for a Mule deer hunt in 2021. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

32 minutes ago, Batsto said:

Thanks man! It gets harder to hit the gym as you age. I been fairly lucky thoughout my life outside a few broken bones,various atheletic type  surgeries, lyme disease and a new hip I still go to the gym 4 to 5 times a week. You have to make it part of your life style. It's funny we have long term economic plans, educational objectives, career goals, but we forget about an overall physical fitness plan to maintain a healthy life style. I have actually been more health conscious with the birth of my grandchildren. I pray that I will be able to hunt with my first grandson. Well, keep moving or they put dirt on you!!

Judging by your perseverance and attitude you'll make that hunt and many more..... 

Good post. It was alot easier in our 20s lol. I'm fortunate or unfortunate to have a physically demanding job so though I dont hit the gym anymore I still get 8 hour workout minimum every day. Had enough amateur fights I never wanna see a gym again. Good luck on your hunt it's beautiful country out there. Keep your gun on you always!!