IGNORED

Pickle Making Recipes

Buck154

18 minutes ago, LittleM said:

I use one close to that.  I have a few others and one that I use when I ferment them whole.  I'll copy them all and give then to you next week - If I can remember.  Remind me.........

Sounds good thanks. There are so many way to make them. The way I picked for the first time I think is a little harder and longer to make. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2018 at 10:00 PM, LittleM said:

I use one close to that.  I have a few others and one that I use when I ferment them whole.  I'll copy them all and give then to you next week - If I can remember.  Remind me.........

We forgot

On 6/9/2018 at 10:28 PM, LittleM said:

You just want to make sure you don't cook the cucumbers - they come out mushy.................  that recipe sounds like its too hot for too long.

Well they turned out pretty good. Not mushy at all. Lower heat not boiling. They came out a little salty so would have to cut back a little on the pickling salt next time if i try this one again. 

I made Bread and Butter pickles and the came out great

13 minutes ago, DBuck said:

Here's a pickle making question. How do you guys keep your pickles from turning mushy while in storage? I've read Alum but some people claim it gives the pickles a metallic like taste.

There are a few ways of making Pickles.

1) Fermentation 

Or

2) Vinegar in the jar trick.

I have tried for many many years to copy the New York Deli Barrel style Pickle.

Finally found the right combination/recipe. I use a 15 liter crock pot to ferment the pickles for a week or so.

My wife uses the sliced pickles using vinegar in the Ball Jar.

When using the Jar, just heat the liquid and pour uver the pickles that are pre cut and placed into the Ball Jars.

The heat as it dissipates will cool and cause the jar seal to tightly contract and seal the jar safely.

The pickles are never mushy nor soggy.....Very crunchy, and damn good.

We keep the jars in the fridge. The pickles never last that long, a month or two at tops.

Make the recipe the way YOU like... I just add a basic dill, pickle spices, and garlic. I do not like Hot spicy types of pickles.

Enjoy...:up:

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

12 hours ago, DBuck said:

Here's a pickle making question. How do you guys keep your pickles from turning mushy while in storage? I've read Alum but some people claim it gives the pickles a metallic like taste.

I used a Grape Leaf in each jar. Or you can use the  Alum