IGNORED

Pickle Making Recipes

Buck154

11 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

My wife makes great pickles, she is out but will post her recipe by tomorrow. Most pickle recipes over do it with the vinegar, be careful, especially if you’re making a lot and will have some jars that you won’t open for months. The ratio of water to vinegar should be 3/1

Sounds good. I just picked a bunch yesterday so I have to get going on making them

2 hours ago, Bowhunter444 said:

Made 2 quarts bread and butter refrigerator pickles yesterday. Added horseradish to one patch to kick it up a bit.20190706_082222.jpg20190706_103101.jpg20190706_111941.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice. Whats the recipe for them? have you done them that way before?

Nice. Whats the recipe for them? have you done them that way before?

INGREDIENTS:

5½ cups about 1½ pounds thinly sliced (about ¼-inch) pickling cucumbers

1½ tablespoons kosher salt

1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion

1 cup granulated sugar

1 cup white vinegar

½ cup apple cider vinegar

¼ cup light brown sugar

1½ teaspoons mustard seeds

½ teaspoon celery seeds

1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric

DIRECTIONS:

Combine cucumbers and salt in a large, shallow bowl; cover and chill 1½ hours. Move cucumbers into a colander and rinse thoroughly under cold water. Drain well, and return cucumbers to bowl. Add onion to the bowl and toss with the cucumbers.

Combine the granulated sugar, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, mustard seeds, celery seeds and ground turmeric in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.

Pour the hot vinegar mixture over cucumber mixture; let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate 24 hours. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 month.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller