IGNORED

Verey ODD Fishing Today2/21/2018

1957Buck

LOL, Pequest turns out more of these than you may know, but they try to cull them in-house as best they can.  Just like any animal rearing including humans, if you raise 600,000 trout each year, you're sure to have a few mutants.  :)

It is a genetic defect and not disease that causes this.  

I respect your answers being involved as you are. :up:  But have issues with NJDFAG if true why did the Stock ( DUMP ) a full stocking of these Defected Trout. Bet, not one went into the Flat Brook or any other Streams but the put them in when only local Ponds and small lakes are stocked in The Winter Stocking.  

Can't wait to Call Pequest for answers today.  I am not Talikg or the only one that caught trout like this in this Lake everyone They stocked was FU Stunted Black Bloated Slimy.  Glad it cost me NADA Senior  Free Lic. Stamp. To me, NJDFAG is becoming a Failure Pheasants Trout Habitat so-called deer Managment. All this while we are Surrounded by the Successful States.  who have far fewer issues? Stand - by for NJDFAG answer if I get one.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I respect your answers being involved as you are. :up:  But have issues with NJDFAG if true why did the Stock ( DUMP ) a full stocking of these Defected Trout. Bet, not one went into the Flat Brook or any other Streams but the put them in when only local Ponds and small lakes are stocked in The Winter Stocking.  

Can't wait to Call Pequest for answers today.  I am not Talikg or the only one that caught trout like this in this Lake everyone They stocked was FU Stunted Black Bloated Slimy. 

They have shown up in other water bodies including rivers.  There is no mechanical or human way to catch all of these genetic freaks.  The albino and blue rainbows are easily culled which is why you never see them, but they too are hatched every year at Pequest.  

For those suspecting whirling disease, it is not that.  In whirling disease, you will see the spine curved and not just stunted as the trout in the above photo is.  Our trout in NJ's Pequest hatchery are routinely tested for many diseases including whirling disease which was once prevalent in the Charles O. Hayford hatchery in Hackettstown back when that hatchery raised all of our trout.  Pequest has not been having issues nor have our wild trout with whirling disease.  

They have shown up in other water bodies including rivers.  There is no mechanical or human way to catch all of these genetic freaks.  The albino and blue rainbows are easily culled which is why you never see them, but they too are hatched every year at Pequest.  

For those suspecting whirling disease, it is not that.  In whirling disease, you will see the spine curved and not just stunted as the trout in the above photo is.  Our trout in NJ's Pequest hatchery are routinely tested for many diseases including whirling disease which was once prevalent in the Charles O. Hayford hatchery in Hackettstown back when that hatchery raised all of our trout.  Pequest has not been having issues nor have our wild trout with whirling disease.  

I agree with most of what you say but for a Whole Truck Stocking of these FU Trout is Blatant not just missing a Few. I was there at this lake Day one Winter Stocking and many days after inclouding Yesterday Months after seeing and Hearing the complaints by those catching only FU trout. Connected to that One Stocking.

It was a purposeful dump like the thousands Wasted last year of overproduced Fish. Are you saying this is so common to have FU Trout at the hatchery and son hard to sort a Truck Load I think Scotty we have a problem?  And to add the Spring-Fall Stocking does not have this issue. and the winter stocking is for dumping These Trout. 

Wonder how they have the ability to do that. 

Contacted Pequest Hatchery no Problem. Got to speak to a very Nice Lady very Knowledgable on the workings. She listened to my experiences of the winter stocking and condition of the Trout stocked. I told her I had very detailed photos of the fish caught day one up to yesterday She asked me to send them all with a note and Contact information by Email so The Biologist can look at them and Contact me if necessary So I did. Now to see the replies and any follow-ups.after speaking to Her I am confident they will contact me.  will post ASA I get the Replies. 

Will not Eat any in case they want them for testing. 

I agree with most of what you say but for a Whole Truck Stocking of these FU Trout is Blatant not just missing a Few. I was there at this lake Day one Winter Stocking and many days after inclouding Yesterday Months after seeing and Hearing the complaints by those catching only FU trout. Connected to that One Stocking.

It was a purposeful dump like the thousands Wasted last year of overproduced Fish. Are you saying this is so common to have FU Trout at the hatchery and son hard to sort a Truck Load I think Scotty we have a problem?  And to add the Spring-Fall Stocking does not have this issue. and the winter stocking is for dumping These Trout. 

Wonder how they have the ability to do that. 

I would like to know how many fish like this have you seen at this lake and how many total, healthy or not have you caught?

If you are pregnant or may become pregnant it is recommended that you do not eat that fish.

Agreed, I wouldn't take a chance to eat that frankenfish. It might cause you irreparable damage to your health. Just give it away to one of your friends.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

I would like to know how many fish like this have you seen at this lake and how many total, healthy or not have you caught?

I have fished this lake some 30 years seen it Closed for weed controls to Refilling and managed by an organized Group that meets once a Month Freehold Boro Hall. 

seen and Fished Multiple Stocking Spring to Winter seen from very small to Breeders stocked. I am on this lake from Bank Fishing To Kaying to My 4 man raft with my Grandsons many days from Spring Fall Winter I have made numerous Fishing Buddies all knowledgeable and longtime Fishing this Lake. 

I was there for the Winter Stocking  Fished day one and probably a Dozen times up to Yesterday.  Seen and Heard the Remarks about the Trout Stocked Every Time we are not taking Round Valley this is a very small impoundment where close contact is the Norm so to be aware of what was Stocked and Caught is very easy to observe and Communications between each other is Constant. 

As to How many Total I am talking the winter stocking where stringers are taken day one and scattered after that And what was observed and Discussed The Winter Stocking  is what I have described and Posted, As far as Other stockings Spring Winter there was no Problems as to The Numbers I have Caught do you want the 30 year totals or the some 20 from this winter stocking all Released but for the Ones My Grandson Caught and still in the Freezer and the one from Yesterday I kept to make an issue and report to NJDFAG Pequest.  I hope this satisfies your Inquiry. 

Will soon hopefully have some answers From Pequest Biologist but I am sure you will have some Doughts and Questions with what they Reply to me with. So I will post the full  Letter - Email - from them Unedited. 

Be happy to answer any constructive questions you have.   

Best Regards

GrandPa   

Agreed, I wouldn't take a chance to eat that frankenfish. It might cause you irreparable damage to your health. Just give it away to one of your friends.

As soon as I meet Lunatic Freind  :headscratch:  ;)   :cheers:  :kissy:

It is rumored this fish was caught there Prompting The Reality TV Show Moster Fishing to do an episode on this lake. 

stock-vector-black-devil-fish-134254658.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

I have fished this lake some 30 years seen it Closed for weed controls to Refilling and managed by an organized Group that meets once a Month Freehold Boro Hall. 

seen and Fished Multiple Stocking Spring to Winter seen from very small to Breeders stocked. I am on this lake from Bank Fishing To Kaying to My 4 man raft with my Grandsons many days from Spring Fall Winter I have made numerous Fishing Buddies all knowledgeable and longtime Fishing this Lake. 

I was there for the Winter Stocking  Fished day one and probably a Dozen times up to Yesterday.  Seen and Heard the Remarks about the Trout Stocked Every Time we are not taking Round Valley this is a very small impoundment where close contact is the Norm so to be aware of what was Stocked and Caught is very easy to observe and Communications between each other is Constant. 

As to How many Total I am talking the winter stocking where stringers are taken day one and scattered after that And what was observed and Discussed The Winter Stocking  is what I have described and Posted, As far as Other stockings Spring Winter there was no Problems as to The Numbers I have Caught do you want the 30 year totals or the some 20 from this winter stocking all Released but for the Ones My Grandson Caught and still in the Freezer and the one from Yesterday I kept to make an issue and report to NJDFAG Pequest.  I hope this satisfies your Inquiry. 

Will soon hopefully have some answers From Pequest Biologist but I am sure you will have some Doughts and Questions with what they Reply to me with. So I will post the full  Letter - Email - from them Unedited. 

Be happy to answer any constructive questions you have.   

Best Regards

GrandPa   

The only reason I asked is to see if the numbers can support the idea they are dumping deformed fish in your lake. You didn't really provide the answer, one would need number of deformed fish vs normal, but you say they are dumping them so they are dumping

The only reason I asked is to see if the numbers can support the idea they are dumping deformed fish in your lake. You didn't really provide the answer, one would need number of deformed fish vs normal, but you say they are dumping them so they are dumping

What part of The winter stock Trout in November last year in this lake did I not answer  :doh2:  when the numbers are substantiated by not only me but the Number of others who fish this Lake and saw the same thing in ALL THE WINTER stocked  Trout  All meaning ALL had problems So then umbers of Normal ZERO Numbers of deformed and having issues  ALL 

Trout Stocked Meaning Most if not ALL some more pronounced than others. Not One of the many from Spring had Problems just The WINTER STOCKED ONES 

Glad You Asked always want to assure you I don't post BS with anything to gain

\Now go  :fishing:   like I said hopefully will soon have the answers from Pequest Biologist.   

REPLACE DUMPING WITH STOCKING  :up:

Edited by 1957Buck

57, I would definitely contact Jay to see if do a mount on that fish head. It would make a great conversation piece up on the wall.

Had enough with donating the Deer mount Finally found a Place with the NJDFAG s Blessings to donate it to. 

was going to use in my live trap but changed my mind might piss off  the Racoons  :hmmmer:

Edited by 1957Buck