IGNORED

Zone 2 Activity Update

bdowning

I wanted to give an update on what I'm seeing in zone 2 as I know a lot of you are already reporting some prerut action in your areas. I'm out today for the first time in almost two weeks and unfortunately can say I see absolutely no rubs or scrapes what so ever. The trail cams I have out are still showing the bucks on a nocturnal pattern as well. I do expect this to change over the next week or so, and I can't say I'm too disappointed as I'm not off until the 6th...so I don't mind the delay. Anyone seeing anything different where they are?

Same in zone 3 bucks still together and all they care about is sweat feed lol,first morning out for me this year had small 7 eating the oak branchs that i broke off while climbing

Now I know why there are no deer in zone 3, they're more interested in feeding than breeding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

As most of you know, 90% of my hunting occurs in Zone 2. With that being said, I would like to offer the OP my take. While I agree with him, the big boys are still nocturnal but the underlings are running around like crazy. I'm taking off tomorrow because the barometer will be almost 30.5 inches. I'm betting the big boys will be moving with the weather change and high barometer. We'll see.

As most of you know, 90% of my hunting occurs in Zone 2. With that being said, I would like to offer the OP my take. While I agree with him, the big boys are still nocturnal but the underlings are running around like crazy. I'm taking off tomorrow because the barometer will be almost 30.5 inches. I'm betting the big boys will be moving with the weather change and high barometer. We'll see.

Do you expect morning or evening to be better?