IGNORED

Chimney Sweep?

cantw82start

Yes, I burn 24/7 Nov-March. Probably should do yearly, but I had it checked once by a pro after a year and he said there was barely anything in there.

doesnt matter. clean it 2x a year like rusty said. it only takes an hour or two to clean. i always clean mine before i use start using my stove(around oct-nov) and then i clean it again in mid january. usually done burning early april. 

I grew up with the guy that owns the company that I posted above.  When I called him to clean my chimney he said no, he wasn't gonna do it.  He said it would cost me less to buy the tools needed than it would cost for a single cleaning.  So I went out and bought the tools and have been doing it myself ever since.  

I have a buddy who does the same thing.  Every year he borrows my climbing harness when he goes to the top of his roof.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I bought the pole and broom off ebay for about 35 bucks. Do it myself every 2 years.

I did mine last weekend, even though a thankless dirty job, i saved myself a some money.

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842

I do mine from inside, up the chimney.

That sounds messy.  Our woodstove fits into our fireplace like an insert and it's a straight shot up the insert, so everything that comes down the pipe ends up in the stove, which is airtight so there's no mass at all.  Then I just shovel out the stove. 

Did you here about the guy who wanted to be safe up on the roof cleaning his chimney? So he tied a rope to himself and climbed up over the peak onto the other side. Now there was just enough rope so he could work on the far side and if he fell the rope would stop him. The rope was of course tied off to the rear bumper of his car which is wife drove away with, thus killing him...

Edited by Nomad