IGNORED

Turkey everywhere

Big Joe NJ

IMG_0396.JPG

This what I see damn near everyday on my street. It's usually groups of 10-15. I had about 12 in my backyard last night but it's a shame it's not the season yet. I know how it goes though, they are everywhere till you have a bow in your hand. Good luck everybody on the upcoming season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's nice, I'm Zone 16 and there is hundreds of Turkeys in an area that has state land property locked by private property. If you don't own a house or land you can't access well over 1000 acres without trespassing. I did my homework before buying my house this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,

Thank god someone is talking Fall Turkeys! I'm admittedly a Newbie (this would be my first ever hunt), and while I know I must earn my keep, I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight as to the zone's I have been scouting. Zone 11 (Six Mile Run) seems to be turkey-less. I heard some positive things about Assunpink WMA (I believe that's zone 12). Been there briefly to the archery range but didn't see/hear anything. I know they don't make much noise this time of year, but before I buy a permit for a zone, I'd like to get some guidance as to whether or not I was barking up the right tree. Either way, a day in the woods is a good way to spend a day regardless of getting a kill or not. Wish you all good luck!

I was all over the woods where I hunt yesterday with my forester and my new logger and the ground was torn up everywhere by turkeys getting at acorns.  I don't recall that much turkey sign in most any other year.  That despite an out of control coyote "herd" (or so it seems to hear them) and many bobcats and fox in the area.