IGNORED

Plumber Question???

Roon

I'm redoing the kids bathroom, i pulled the tube moved it  three inches to the left, jogged out the pipes and put in a new shower diverter. Haven't hooked it up yet just finished tilling yesterday, was like this couple weeks no difference in anything.

Then pulled the vanity cut and capped the water lines to it as I still have to build the vanity, the question is when I cut and capped the vanity lines I and now getting warm water from cold lines in all other faucets, hot water is HOT on other shower with just a crack keeping it right where it opens, filled the dogs dish last night in the kitchen sink with cold water which was warm not even cool.

Hot water temp not touched.

? What the heck is happening all this started when vanity lines were capped.

Thanks 

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

19 minutes ago, bushden said:

You need to call a plumber!

I figure it out with enough searching lol.

That's why I questioned a plumber lol

Were your existing fixtures pressure balanced or is their a pressure balancing valve in the basement? Some old homes didn’t have pressure balanced fixtures so a separate pressure balance device was installed at main hot/cold feed in basement 

Edited by MGHunter66

AWM

8 hours ago, Mark13 said:

You’re getting a cross over. Is the cartridge in the new shower valve? 

Thanks everyone, new shower fixtures not in yet everything is still sodder capped in, pulled the plastic cover, shower valve was open causing back feed.

Little talking to people today and a post here and we're good 

30 minutes ago, Roon said:

Thanks everyone, new shower fixtures not in yet everything is still sodder capped in, pulled the plastic cover, shower valve was open causing back feed.

Little talking to people today and a post here and we're good 

If you can't figure it out, ask Bugs.

Here is what's happening.As mark stated you have a cross connection. At this point I imagine that your tub spout and shower head are capped. Your shower diverter is open and the cross connection is at the capped tub spout. Pull the tile stop and close the diverter. Then run out the hot and all will be good. It's not a maybe here this is what's happening.

Edited by mikejd