1957Buck

1 hour ago, TroutandBucks said:

I just pay for everything why bother and waste my time 

What ever works for you :up:

Some do it alll some do some

Some do it as a hobby 

Some it is  a Pride thing 

Sone do it for a savings 

Like I never wash my suv any more when for about $29  I get unlimited washes with all the bells and wistles and Free Vacuming  usualy go 2 times a week with Salt make it 3 times 

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

19 hours ago, mike033089 said:

Maybe some mechanics can chime in here. But I heard from a guy who owns a lube shop that all oil filters are made by the same couple companies and there is not that big of a difference. They said they cut several open to check them out and most are identical and sales reps even confirmed. 

Well, I'm dating myself but back in 1964 my first real full time job was at Purolator Oil Filters in Rahway, NJ. Only oil filters were made there.  They were assembled and then attached by magnet to an overhead system that took them to be painted and labeled. At one point one went off to the left and the next went off to the right into different spray booths.  Ones on the left came out painted white with Purolator & PER 1 labeled on them the ones on the right came out painted orange and were marked FRAM. :shock:

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

8 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

Well, I'm dating myself but back in 1964 my first real full time job was at Purolator Oil Filters in Rahway, NJ. Only oil filters were made there.  They were assembled and then attached by magnet to an overhead system that took them to be painted and labeled. At one point one went off to the left and the next went off to the right into different spray booths.  Ones on the left came out painted white with Purolator & PER 1 labeled on them the ones on the right came out painted orange and were marked FRAM. :shock:

Lived other side of St George ave on madison had neigbors that worked there once took the tour never paid for any filters that is nothing new as I posted all the goast products manufactures made  1964 was when i lived in Raway for to long 6 years escaped over night. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

On 2/21/2024 at 3:51 PM, 1957Buck said:

Who does their own Regualr Required  Maintance with the Cost of Having a Dealer or local Garage do it. I am Talking ---------------------------------------------------

Change oil and filter

Engine air filter

Cabin filter

Wiper blades 

Clean throttle body 

Add Fluids

Full Brakes 

I've not cleaned a throttle body in over 20 years. Everything listed i have done since i've owned my first vehicle. I was using a notebook as a log but switched to my phone calendar in 2012.

5 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Mount Olive Township where I live is the western Morris County place where they take most anything. I forget which town to our east is the other one to do so.  My wife and I joke that they will take spent nuclear fuel rods. 

Maybe you're thinking of the Police/Firefighter Training Center in Parsippany? Four times a year the county sets up a hazardous materials drop-off day in the parking lot. They take anything .... yes, including uranium and plutonium for those doing fission at home. :up: