IGNORED

For guys who like to Ned rig

hammer4reel

I pour Ned’s and tons of other bass jigs leave them the color of the lead and throw the paint in the garbage 95% of strikes are gonna come on the fall out of pure reaction in which the fish only got to see the profile and the shade of the bait and made the split decision to eat it. If I gotta convince a bass to eat based on looks it won’t be with a Ned… that being said there’s lots of guys that buy them based on the color cuz it gives them false confidence in the bait so if your selling them I’d just do black or G/P 

Just now, FDhunt1213 said:

I pour Ned’s and tons of other bass jigs leave them the color of the lead and throw the paint in the garbage 95% of strikes are gonna come on the fall out of pure reaction in which the fish only got to see the profile and the shade of the bait and made the split decision to eat it. If I gotta convince a bass to eat based on looks it won’t be with a Ned… that being said there’s lots of guys that buy them based on the color cuz it gives them false confidence in the bait so if your selling them I’d just do black or G/P 

The weight is dependent on the wind I’m fishing and of course the depth but if I can get away with 1/8 I prefer it. But there’s been times on Champlain I’ve had to go up to 5/16 in 40 foot of water and 15-20 mph winds 

Outstanding!  I like both 1/16 & 1/4 and usually throw in green pumpkin…and dip tail in chartreuse dye. Also black and blue fleck is a go to color for me. Pals in bass club also swear by watermelon w red fleck. Read an article that an original Midwest Ned thrower was bananas about bubble gum pink…never tried it tho. 

Edited by Bonefreak

Just now, FDhunt1213 said:

Reason I asked , is most are black , green pumpkin , .

the team of old timers that it’s named after say  to only use Bright red or chartreuse .

but like you said on a 1/16 head there is very little exposed on the sides at all .

i like that the powder paint stiffens up the bait keeper or I probably wouldn’t paint them .

not selling them , I just can’t see paying a buck a piece for something I can make for Pennys in my free time 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Reason I asked , is most are black , green pumpkin , .

the team of old timers that it’s named after say  to only use Bright red or chartreuse .

but like you said on a 1/16 head there is very little exposed on the sides at all .

i like that the powder paint stiffens up the bait keeper or I probably wouldn’t paint them .

not selling them , I just can’t see paying a buck a piece for something I can make for Pennys in my free time 

True. I use the screw lock keeper 

IMG_1071.png

Edited by FDhunt1213

4 hours ago, FDhunt1213 said:

That works as well. I have used bubble gum pink also or pearl white  if the bass are in on beds. But the rest of the year it’s straight black only for me 

Bubble gum in a floating worm is deadly 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/