IGNORED

Guide recommendations

Swedish Hunter

For a Christmas gift I am looking to take my two oldest boys out for a waterfowl hunt if we can only find a window between these neverending hockey games…

Ideally puddle ducks and/or canada geese.

As I have very limited experience of NJ duck hunting I am looking for a quality outfitter within comfortable driving distance from Monmouth County.

Any recommendations appreciated!

You could reach out to :

Muddy creek outfitters 

Reedy creek outfitters 

Not sure who would better suit your needs a lot of guys waterfowl on here might be able to provide some additional names and information they are two I have heard of never used them myself hopefully someone chimes in that has personal experience or knowledge Good Luck ! 

You’re going to be hard pressed for anyone to have availability on such short notice imo without getting crammed in with a bunch of other random people for geese and get a private hunt for the three of you. Most of the reputable ones are busy now and likely won’t have openings,or if they do, you won’t be alone.  Many don’t really offer puddle ducks. Most are out blasting buffies or sea ducks. 

21 hours ago, Livesintrees said:

I know nothing about them. And I’ve never been there. But flight canceled outfitters guides for everything. Social media makes it look like they are very successful. 

I didn't see your post yesterday when I replied, I'm pretty positive thats one of the ones like 20-30 mins from me that got bunch of heat last few years. think I saw on a couple fb groups them getting blasted for problems with waterfowl and turkey stuff and they was basically thanking people for all the exposure getting business while he couldn't hunt but was still guiding lol I guess if thats success, alrighty

1 hour ago, chenrossi said:

I didn't see your post yesterday when I replied, I'm pretty positive thats one of the ones like 20-30 mins from me that got bunch of heat last few years. think I saw on a couple fb groups them getting blasted for problems with waterfowl and turkey stuff and they was basically thanking people for all the exposure getting business while he couldn't hunt but was still guiding lol I guess if thats success, alrighty

That’s why I put a disclaimer in there. I know nothing about them. 

On 12/19/2023 at 6:55 PM, chenrossi said:

Yes. Be very very very careful if you book with them. Ask alot and i mean alot of questions before you pay. Spend your money how you wish..i myself will not use them. I've never done a paid guided hunt for anything but that 1 is a no go for me.