IGNORED

ATTN: NJ Landowners - Proposed Highlands Region Restrictions

It is interesting that the Highlands Coalition has Trout Unlimited on their list of member organizations.   Let's hope some of these Coalition member organizations show up at the meeting to voice their opposition to the proposed new rules.

https://njhighlandscoalition.org/member-organizations/

-----------------------------------------------------------

New Jersey's corporate business tax was funding land acquisition for a while and is expected to sunset on December 31, 2023.  It is more costly now for governments to finance land acquisition due to the increasing cost of money.  The proposed new rules will drive propery values further down.

Of course they try to push this through during the holiday season.  The push for new restrictions is fueled by LGBT - Land Grabs By Theft. 

The influence of the Coalition over the Council cannot be overlooked.  The Coalition claims to have all the local environmentalists on their side.  I don't believe that they really do.

Edited by tick trawler

8 hours ago, tick trawler said:

It is interesting that the Highlands Coalition has Trout Unlimited on their list of member organizations.   Let's hope they show up to reject the new restrictions.

New Jersey's corporate buisiness tax was funding land grabs for a while and is expected to sunset on December 31, 2023.  It is more difficult now to finance land grabs due to the increasing cost of money, therefore other land grabbing swindles are being attempted.  Of course they try to push this through during the holiday season.  The push for new restrictions is fueled by LGBT - Land Grabs By Theft. 

The influence of the Coalition over the Council cannot be overlooked.  The Coalition claims to have all the local environmentalists on their side.  I don't believe that they really do.

Any and all hunting/fishing organizations should realize that this hurts them all. So at times equipment is used to do stream maintenance for example. You will not be able to use land access anymore with that equipment in these new proposals as it is deemed heavy equipment and will cause site disturbance. 

On 12/8/2023 at 5:06 AM, tick trawler said:

It is interesting that the Highlands Coalition has Trout Unlimited on their list of member organizations.   Let's hope some of these Coalition member organizations show up at the meeting to voice their opposition to the proposed new rules.

New Jersey's corporate business tax was funding land acquisition for a while and is expected to sunset on December 31, 2023.  It is more costly now for governments to finance land acquisition due to the increasing cost of money.  The proposed new rules will drive propery values further down.

Of course they try to push this through during the holiday season.  The push for new restrictions is fueled by LGBT - Land Grabs By Theft. 

Trout Unlimited quit the Coalition but the Coalition refuses to remove them from their website. I know because I was the rep. We followed NJ Audubon, one of the two founders of the Coalition, out the door. This was maybe 9 years ago already. 

Edited by Bucksnbows
Coalition, not council

So I heard from the correct people in the know.  The Council is NOT a regulatory body and as such, cannot make rules. Instead, they are merely suggesting these BMPs be used by Foresters and landowners. So this is just a big to-do about nothing. 

1 minute ago, Bucksnbows said:

So I heard from the correct people in the know.  The Council is NOT a regulatory body and as such, cannot make rules. Instead, they are merely suggesting these BMPs be used by Foresters and landowners. So this is just a big to-do about nothing. 

Thanks for the update Brian!   

4 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Trout Unlimited quit the Council but the Council refuses to remove them from their website. I know because I was the rep. We followed NJ Audubon, one of the two founders of the Coalition, out the door. This was maybe 9 years ago already. 

Off topic just a bit. But what would you say our “actual” relationship is with the NJ Audubon? 

55 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

Off topic just a bit. But what would you say our “actual” relationship is with the NJ Audubon? 

NJ Audubon is 100% on our side!  They are the ones running the Forest Stewardship programs on our WMAs and they agree that recreational hunting is the best way to control deer herds.  

2 hours ago, Livesintrees said:

Tom Gilmore was a good friend until his passing.  He was a passionate fly fisherman and I helped him with some of his books. I worked very closely with several staff including John Cecil, VP for NJ Audubon and now Assistant Commissioner for DEP State Parks and Forestry. It was that appointment of John to overseeing State Forestry that freaked out the remaining Coalition members and really put them on the attack.  We battled long and hard to implement modern forestry practices on public lands and ran into the liberal buzzsaw that is the NJ Highlands Coalition. I personally served on that org’s Policy Committee and Natural Resources Committee. 

At the end of the day, the Coalition won’t succeed in thwarting all forestry practices which has been their stated goal for a long time. They want deer dead and the forests left alone. No restoration. I could write War and Peace here, but I won’t. 

On 12/9/2023 at 6:35 AM, Bucksnbows said:

But that's how we got here for literally everything that's wrong with this state. Not enough people showed up to voice their concerns. Anytime something like these meetings happen where we can tell tjem to f-off we should. 

14 hours ago, FeniQuest217 said:

But that's how we got here for literally everything that's wrong with this state. Not enough people showed up to voice their concerns. Anytime something like these meetings happen where we can tell tjem to f-off we should. 

At the risk of sounding harsh, I go. Do you?  I have been smack in the middle of this fight for well over a decade. 

13 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

At the risk of sounding harsh, I go. Do you?  I have been smack in the middle of this fight for well over a decade. 

Just doing the same as you - pointing out that if we want action, we have to do out part.

No, I didn't even know anything about this group or their existence - now on their website looking to learn a bit more and reading further into this.

Also not a landowner - but id like to support my fellow hunters as best i can when stuff like this happens