IGNORED

ATTN: NJ Landowners - Proposed Highlands Region Restrictions

59 minutes ago, FeniQuest217 said:

Just doing the same as you - pointing out that if we want action, we have to do out part.

No, I didn't even know anything about this group or their existence - now on their website looking to learn a bit more and reading further into this.

Also not a landowner - but id like to support my fellow hunters as best i can when stuff like this happens

My involvement came after I did my first Forestry Stewardship Management Plan for a buddy I’ve known since we were 5 years old. His taxes were insane and the Plan allowed him to reduce them some ($20k at the time and now much more) and I got to manage what was a middle age oak/hickory forest that replaced the lost American chestnut that once made up 90% of the Sparta Mountain canopy. My forester, Doug Tavella of Appalachian Mountain Forestry and I worked closely with Ruffed Grouse Society, the Division of F&W and NJ Audubon who were working together on forestry initiatives on the MWA there and nearby. Because I was managing private lands (and now on my 2nd Plan), I was able to move much faster to implement the plan. 

2 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

My involvement came after I did my first Forestry Stewardship Management Plan for a buddy I’ve known since we were 5 years old. His taxes were insane and the Plan allowed him to reduce them some ($20k at the time and now much more) and I got to manage what was a middle age oak/hickory forest that replaced the lost American chestnut that once made up 90% of the Sparta Mountain canopy. My forester, Doug Tavella of Appalachian Mountain Forestry and I worked closely with Ruffed Grouse Society, the Division of F&W and NJ Audubon who were working together on forestry initiatives on the MWA there and nearby. Because I was managing private lands (and now on my 2nd Plan), I was able to move much faster to implement the plan. 

I used to use Doug on my property. Is he still doing it?

6 hours ago, electric10162 said:

I used to use Doug on my property. Is he still doing it?

Unfortunately, he’s not been taking on new clients. If some of you remember Jeff/JCchartboy, he was the last new client I talked Doug into taking. But try!  And make sure you push the wildlife habitat side as I think he’s burned out by landowners simply looking to lower taxes. He’s like us, a hunter that wants to improve wildlife habitat.  Drop my name. 

2 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Unfortunately, he’s not been taking on new clients. If some of you remember Jeff/JCchartboy, he was the last new client I talked Doug into taking. But try!  And make sure you push the wildlife habitat side as I think he’s burned out by landowners simply looking to lower taxes. He’s like us, a hunter that wants to improve wildlife habitat.  Drop my name. 

Talk him into taking my property on also! Every time I talk to Jeff he forgets! His farm is unbelievable. I speak to him quite a bit. Absolute wealth of knowledge when I want to bounce new ideas and trials off of someone. Doug and others with him love farms like Jeff’s bc he takes it to the next level and has damn near everything you can think of going on. I’m gonna hold him to grafting me a few new trees this year. Every year his place gets better. And in the next two when the soft mast is all doing its thing, it’s going to be incredible. 

11 hours ago, Livesintrees said:

Talk him into taking my property on also! Every time I talk to Jeff he forgets! His farm is unbelievable. I speak to him quite a bit. Absolute wealth of knowledge when I want to bounce new ideas and trials off of someone. Doug and others with him love farms like Jeff’s bc he takes it to the next level and has damn near everything you can think of going on. I’m gonna hold him to grafting me a few new trees this year. Every year his place gets better. And in the next two when the soft mast is all doing its thing, it’s going to be incredible. 

Yeah, I helped Jeff with some drainage issues and laid out/designed his vernal ponds and my one excavator operator worked to widen his one field and use the downed trees to block access into that foodplot to a few specific locations so he could better set up on them. Jeff did more in year one than most will do in a lifetime. 

4 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

Yeah, I helped Jeff with some drainage issues and laid out/designed his vernal ponds and my one excavator operator worked to widen his one field and use the downed trees to block access into that foodplot to a few specific locations so he could better set up on them. Jeff did more in year one than most will do in a lifetime. 

He works his balls off. Nobody can ever say he didn’t earn it. PM coming your way.