IGNORED

Heated Hunting Jacket Recommendations

Herd Buck

I tried the search first and couldn’t find what I was looking for, does anyone have a good rechargeable hunting jacket they recommend, not looking for a vest want to go full jacket. I’ve tried layering, tried the hand and body warmers… I guess I’m just a big sissy because I still get cold. 

recommendations welcome!

I make my own heated base layers, really simple to do, all the components are on Amazon.  You can use fabric glue to glue in the heating elements or Velcro adhesive backed strips or do what I do and just duct tape them on.  I found the best heat will come from a tight fitting mid layer, I dont think you get much benefit from loose fitting heated clothing.    

Not sure how you tried layering, but the quality of the gear really makes all the difference. I switched to layering with Sitka systems some years ago and have never looked back. Have hunted in Montana with it in temps at -20 with high winds and have been totally comfortable. Yes it’s expensive, but it also lasts far far longer than other cheap stuff and if you’re patient you can get a good systems on sale. Frankly, I have yet to have a piece wear out on me and I use the heck out of it. It’s not just Sitka btw, Kuiu and First Lite gear are also great quality options, it’s just my personal preference leans towards Sitka gear.

Good luck and stay warm!

Edited by Stealthy_Bowman

im on my second one of these.  first one lasted 2 years.  The battery went dead I tried replacing with a cheaper one and it just wont work. I contacted them and they gave me an extra battery at 25% off.   I never thought i would use a heated vest but, I actually have embraced it and I love it.    

https://www.amazon.com/Venustas-Mens-Heated-Battery-hunting/dp/B08F4XV5S2

I have a vest. Bought it real cheap last year so I gave it a try. Not going to recommend it because I am not sold on them. Unless you can cover yourself head to toe with it, it's not effective. If any part of your body is cold, you are still cold. I feel no better having my body warm and my face, feet, legs cold.   If I have to wear the proper clothing to keep them warm, I can do it for my body. 

I have a Venustas heated fleece jacket (black) from Amazon that I wear under a camo hood.  Had it for two years and am very pleased with it.  And finally found a pair of heated socks that actually work, made by Auxoda.  Unfortunately I don't see these listed for sale on Amazon anymore.