IGNORED

11/7 Check In

Greybeard

45 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

You are the only "hunter" there. The rest of those guys are walkers at best. The reason why I stopped putting in for that hunt.

Wasn't going to do it but tagged out with bow. Last minute decision and didn't  have time to scout it good enough. Walking a cliff now to try to spot one bedded

20231107_094314.thumb.jpg.48e0508ae33c5532a479b6bb06aa3e42.jpg

5 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

I loved hunting there but the bad outweighed the good.

Nice terrain  to hunt. Don't  think I'll run into another hunter here. Wind gusts are covering any sound made walking. Only if this place still had the deer it used to. Still better than sitting home.

20231107_095629.thumb.jpg.9ef761ab202dd50116150e5cdbb92f68.jpg

1 minute ago, Greybeard said:

Nice terrain  to hunt. Don't  think I'll run into another hunter here. Wind gusts are covering any sound made walking. Only if this place still had the deer it used to. Still better than sitting home.

Beautiful country mountainside. I used to like sneaking along the tops looking for bedded deer below. 

28 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

What happened to the deer? Too many predators?

13 minutes ago, Michael Britt said:

What happened to the deer? Too many predators?

Unlimited doe and eab besides predators for 3 decades. Drew in hunters from 1 deer States who shot every doe they saw to take home the meat. It's  a miniature model of what's happening in the State. Before the hunt opened you could drive through the park anytime and see dozens of deer from the road. Now you can hunt 8 days all day and be lucky to see one or 2. No doe, no mature bucks will hang around. There's been fewer every year that haven't  been shot off by AR to begin with. Haven't  seen any sign of one yet this year. Used to find monster rubs and scrapes all over. State had a good venue here if they had managed it right. Lot of p&y bucks taken out the first few years it opened

The state needs to rethink our seasons I take full advantage of early season not to shoot the 1st thing I see so I can activate my buck tag my buck this year was 1st one in three years.

I shoot early because I like the no fat build up and summer coat they still have. 

I would love to see gaps in the seasons like we use to, instead of just a run away freight train  until end of February.

That said quite morning fog lifted and one 4pt finally came for a walk past.

I've yet seen any heavy rut activity however this guy hit every scrape along the path he came in on just no nose to the ground looking.

We'll see happens this afternoon 

IMG_20231107_091252727.jpg

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

58 minutes ago, Michael Britt said:

Just voted for the first time as a Warren County resident, against all the Deadheads of course. Now let's hunt!

If the whole state voted like Warren County did the state might be a state everyone wouldn't have an exit plan for.

Yes time to hunt, settled in let the game begin lol

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

2 hours ago, Roon said:

The state needs to rethink our seasons I take full advantage of early season not to shoot the 1st thing I see so I can activate my buck tag my buck this year was 1st one in three years.

I shoot early because I like the no fat build up and summer coat they still have. 

I would love to see gaps in the seasons like we use to, instead of just a run away freight train  until end of February.

That said quite morning fog lifted and one 4pt finally came for a walk past.

I've yet seen any heavy rut activity however this guy hit every scrape along the path he came in on just no nose to the ground looking.

We'll see happens this afternoonIMG_20231107_091252727.jpg

Last year I had covid and shotgun season was rough. I saw some deer, but were too far from the blind for me to shoot. I got my bow license this year with one goal of filling the freezer. I did eab and got both a buck and a doe, Got the button this morning and while the goal was three deer I'm probably going to go for another before thanksgiving.

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

1 hour ago, Michael Britt said:

Just voted for the first time as a Warren County resident, against all the Deadheads of course. Now let's hunt!

3 minutes ago, Roon said:

If the whole state voted like Warren County did the state might be a state everyone wouldn't have an exit plan for.

Yes time to hunt, settled in let the game begin lol

I did the opposite. I went hunting, dropped off my deer at the butcher then voted

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff