IGNORED

Anybody run their dog at Colliers Mills today ( Sunday)?

3 hours ago, JD48 said:

Took my Britt out for 1 hour, fields wet, few guys out, found 1 tore up hen bird , you say?

Go Britts! Where is yours out of?

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

1 hour ago, thefirstndsecond said:

Go Britts! Where is yours out of?

Got it from a guy from North Jersey who couldn't keep her anymore, that was 3 years ago, she's now 6, he got her from Brittany Bird Dog Kennels, Plymouth, Mass., Had one years ago from, Briar Patch Brittanys, Allentown NJ, had another one from Quail Hollow kennels, Salem, NJ (that's a whole other story)

8 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

Share your story with the one from Quail Hollow

Long story short, I had just retired (2010) and was looking for a Brittany started/ or trained, Steve had a 3 year old male ready to go, was to be out of his line, Didn't have paperwork for dog when I went to pick it up, I'll send it to you, I said  O.K. (shame on me), 1 week, 2 week, 3 week, wait, call, nothing, I call Orvis, he's a Orvis Endorsed Breeder/ Kennel explain what happened, they refunded my money and I kept dog, dog turned out to be good hunter, finally got paper work, few other issues, but I'll leave it at that.

Edited by JD48

I was at Colliers this morning with my GSP for about an hour. Didn’t see any birds. Saw one youth hunter but heard no shots. Couple other folks were out running dogs. Either the youth hunters were very proficient in getting the birds on Saturday or the predators cleaned up what was left. First time I can remember going out on a Monday after youth day and not finding any birds.

Edited by OldPiney Woods

1 hour ago, OldPiney Woods said:

I was at Colliers this morning with my GSP for about an hour. Didn’t see any birds. Saw one youth hunter but heard no shots. Couple other folks were out running dogs. Either the youth hunters were very proficient in getting the birds on Saturday or the predators cleaned up what was left. First time I can remember going out on a Monday after youth day and not finding any birds.

That's odd, usually a few left overs.

17 hours ago, JD48 said:

Long story short, I had just retired (2010) and was looking for a Brittany started/ or trained, Steve had a 3 year old male ready to go, was to be out of his line, Didn't have paperwork for dog when I went to pick it up, I'll send it to you, I said  O.K. (shame on me), 1 week, 2 week, 3 week, wait, call, nothing, I call Orvis, he's a Orvis Endorsed Breeder/ Kennel explain what happened, they refunded my money and I kept dog, dog turned out to be good hunter, finally got paper work, few other issues, but I'll leave it at that.

Interesting.  I had a tiny blip there too. 

1 minute ago, Gunsmoke said:

Interesting.  I had a tiny blip there too. 

Ran across a guy at Colliers Mills years ago, after my issue, he said he bought a pup from Quail Hollow, had hips x-rayed, bad hips, bought dog back for refund, and your story is?

Picked out a female pup from the litter (only had 2) and she was small and looked young.  Was used to getting them 8 weeks old but at some point that changed to 7.  We were finalizing things and I asked the birth date and it turned out to be 6 weeks and when I pointed it out he brushed it off saying he got the date wrong but I didn't believe it for a minute.  This puppy came straight from hell for a long period of time.  Part of it I attribute to not spending enough time with her litter mates and mom.  

6 minutes ago, Gunsmoke said:

Picked out a female pup from the litter (only had 2) and she was small and looked young.  Was used to getting them 8 weeks old but at some point that changed to 7.  We were finalizing things and I asked the birth date and it turned out to be 6 weeks and when I pointed it out he brushed it off saying he got the date wrong but I didn't believe it for a minute.  This puppy came straight from hell for a long period of time.  Part of it I attribute to not spending enough time with her litter mates and mom.  

He may be a great trainer, breeding maybe not, dog I got wasn't even one of his and not up to date on shots, I must say Orvis made it right very quick after some e-mails, they over nighted me a check for $ 2,000.00 Did not want their named tarnished. 

5 hours ago, JD48 said:

Ran across a guy at Colliers Mills years ago, after my issue, he said he bought a pup from Quail Hollow, had hips x-rayed, bad hips, bought dog back for refund, and your story is?

His own fault. He should have got certificates for his hips from the breeder

13 minutes ago, smittty said:

His own fault. He should have got certificates for his hips from the breeder

Probably, guess he assumed coming from a well-known breeder, dog was o.k., don't know the whole story or why he had dogs' hips checked, maybe felt something was wrong, older guy, maybe first-time buyer.