IGNORED

Great deal on hang on stand....$110 total (shipping, etc)

nmc02

I only use two hang on stands.... The millennium m25 (awesome stand, comes w lifeline and is super comfortable). Dimensions: 20.5 W x 26 deep). It is $ 125 on Amazon for prime members.

The other stand I recommend is the Rivers Edge Rogue XL, especially if you like a very big platform (24 W x 37 deep). The downside to this stand is it is heavy and is not easy to put up. It also does not come with a lifeline. However, the platform is HUGE and it is SUPER comfortable and on sale for $ 120.

https://huntriversedge.com/collections/big-foot-hang-ons/products/rogue-xl

Found it for $110 on scheels...

https://www.scheels.com/p/rivers-edge-big-foot-rogue-xl-hang-on-treestand/81160301006.html

Edited by nmc02

• nmc02 changed the title to Great deal on hang on stand....$110 total (shipping, etc)
20 hours ago, nmc02 said:

I only use two hang on stands.... The millennium m25 (awesome stand, comes w lifeline and is super comfortable). Dimensions: 20.5 W x 26 deep). It is $ 125 on Amazon for prime members.

The other stand I recommend is the Rivers Edge Rogue XL, especially if you like a very big platform (24 W x 37 deep). The downside to this stand is it is heavy and is not easy to put up. It also does not come with a lifeline. However, the platform is HUGE and it is SUPER comfortable and on sale for $ 120.

https://huntriversedge.com/collections/big-foot-hang-ons/products/rogue-xl

Found it for $110 on scheels...

https://www.scheels.com/p/rivers-edge-big-foot-rogue-xl-hang-on-treestand/81160301006.html

Good looking out!!  I was guna pick up a few cheap hang ons. Any experience w the one for $79?

IMG_8208.png

7 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Good looking out!!  I was guna pick up a few cheap hang ons. Any experience w the one for $79?

IMG_8208.png

i personally like these stands for places that i know i’m gonna keep them there and not move them for a long time but with the cables i just replace them with chains but again i like them bc there cheap and if they grow legs it doesn’t hurt as much as my millennials when they grow legs 

On 10/26/2023 at 8:21 AM, Bonefreak said:

IMG_8208.png

Bone,  Bought a couple of these this year.  Decent stands for the price.

EDIT: The above stand wasn't bad, but seat is too small and I have no ass.

If you go that route and have Dunhams near ya, here ya go... $59.99

https://www.dunhamssports.com/big-game-captain-hang-on-W0000073321.html?cgid=00166

This stand I also bought two and the seat is much better, wider so you don't feel the support bars on the sides of seat.

https://www.amazon.com/Muddy-MFP1200-Boss-XL/dp/B07B6N8VCX/ref=sr_1_23?crid=2PFK1I44HH622&keywords=big+game+tree+stand&qid=1698367220&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=big+game+treetand%2Csporting%2C86&sr=1-23

Edited by B B

LOL....  Gents if you buy enough stands you will see that they are, for the most part, all the same.  That Rivers Edge is 99% the same as the Muddy Boss XL that I posted.  From what I can see the seat and color finish are the only difference.  Not saying there's anything wrong with the Rivers Edge at all so no need for anyone to get their panties in bunch.  

What most don't know is that most of these stands come from the same manufacturer.  Companies like Muddy, Big Game, Rivers Edge, etc. all buy from the same manufacture adding their own "flair" to it.  Yes, some are better than others, but for the most part, when it comes to basic hang-ons or ladder stands, most come from the same place.  How I found this out, on more than one occasion, was when I purchased a stand last year and it was missing parts or hardware or it was damaged out of the box.  They tell you to call "this number" for assistance.  That number puts you in contact with the manufacture of the stand, not the company selling it.  I can not remember the name of the manufacture at the moment.  

For instance, I purchased a Muddy ladder stand that out of the box some of the welds were cracked, yes cracked!  I called the number provided and it put me in contact with the manufacture not Muddy.  They were more than willing to send me a replacement stand however, that model was discontinued which is complete BS, but that's part of the game on their end.  Anyway, they offered me nearly any stand on the market, Muddy, Big Game, Rivers Edge, etc... it didn't matter they made them all.  So I told them what stand I wanted which ended up being a Big Game and they sent it.  Funny thing is I didn't open that stand until this year and the hardware was missing!  Yep, here we go again.  Called the number AGAIN and told them the issue.  Lady told me we don't have hardware sets for that stand because it's discontinued and that I'll have to go to my local hardware store and buy the hardware for it... LOL!!!!!  After a brief conversation and a few choice words they were again sending me a new stand which ended up being a Muddy Boss Hog $300+ stand.  Thought I was coming out on top with this deal, but I was wrong.  For anyone considering buying the Muddy Boss Hog... DON'T DO IT!!!  It is by far the most flawed design I've ever seen in a tree stand and I hope the person that designed it is looking for a new job.  Anyway getting back to it, that's what I learned with that whole ordeal.

Here's another tidbit of information that will make your head spin.  Many stands are deemed discontinued, but in all reality they just stop selling them and the following year they change the name and double the price.  Last year I bought two Muddy ladder stands (can't remember model name for that year) that were on sale for $150 (give or take can't remember exact price) marked down from $200+ (again can't remember exact price).  That same exact stand was being "discontinued" sometime this past summer and was on sale for $119.  (FOR THE RECORD THOSE STANDS WHERE THE BEST, MOST COMFORTABLE LADDER STANDS I EVER SAT IN.)  Now you're gonna love this... that same exact stand sold by Muddy under the "new" model name of "Mitigator" is being sold for $279!

72011419223__DD0E329A-D171-488F-A2E2-883C17C56033.jpg.82d82605df2ad022b7e57217ae442cc3.jpgI'll SAY IT AGAIN... THIS SAME EXACT STAND I PURCHASED BEGINNING OF LAST SEASON "ON SALE" FOR $150 MARKED DOWN FROM $200+...... IS NOW $279!

All they did was change the name.

Edited by B B

I don't agree...completely. Many stands are the same, made in China. 

There are ZERO stands on the Market that are the same as millennium. The fit & finish AND price is higher than others.

Agree some are like rivers edge, but their "flair" is better than most.