IGNORED

NAP Spitfires on sale Cabela's $19.98

JFC1

Just now, archer36 said:

Great price on a proven performer. 

Possible reasons: 1.5" cut and may not be suitable for crossbow speeds.

A dental band can solve the problem with them opening. 

You're mostly correct, Archer. But I have a dedicated, older crossbow at around 300fps I can use whenever I want to save money and shoot performers like these. And my son's xbow comes in at 380. But seriously.  When meat hunting at under 25 yards there's little reason for me to use any fancy stuff.  I'd rather spend my money on warm clothes and good striper lures. 

6 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

You're mostly correct, Archer. But I have a dedicated, older crossbow at around 300fps I can use whenever I want to save money and shoot performers like these. And my son's xbow comes in at 380. But seriously.  When meat hunting at under 25 yards there's little reason for me to use any fancy stuff.  I'd rather spend my money on warm clothes and good striper lures. 

They should be good sat 300 fps which is compound bow speed. I would not use them on a bow shooting over 330 fps WITHOUT a dental band. They will open in flight and not be accurate. It does not mean you CAN'T use them, just a little modification is needed. I know a guy who does deer control. Uses them in a 400 fps crossbow and uses two dental bands and kills deer like crazy. 

Also, crossbow users tend to like a bigger diameter cut than 1.5" but they will do the trick. 

Edited by archer36

34 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

What sort of advantages do you see? Better penetration on bone? 

It's the only one I've ever used in the Spitfire line and works great in terms of accuracy and being able to put deer down therefore I left well enough alone so I don't have anything to compare it with.  It is much better than any other head I've ever used.

Edited by Gunsmoke

1 hour ago, smittty said:

All nap spitefires can be used with xbows and will not open prematurely at any speeds

What is the difference between compound spitfires and crossbow spitfires?  I have been using the crossbow spitfires for years. 

"think how dumb the average person is, then remember half of them are dumber than that"

2 hours ago, Yobuck293 said:

What is the difference between compound spitfires and crossbow spitfires?  I have been using the crossbow spitfires for years. 

I called nap it was more than a few years ago but at the time I was shooting one of the fastest on the market 380 and was told no problem then when they came in with the crossbow version I called again the said they were one in the same. Just available in different weights. Now the have many versions 

11 minutes ago, smittty said:

I called nap it was more than a few years ago but at the time I was shooting one of the fastest on the market 380 and was told no problem then when they came in with the crossbow version I called again the said they were one in the same. Just available in different weights. Now the have many versions 

The crossbow version states on the package 400 fps. Most new bows are over that and as high as 500+ fps. I agree, several years ago there probably was no difference in the regular and crossbow version. I wouldn't trust the 400 fps version in a bow shooting higher speeds. 

Guys that have crossbows shooting over 400 fps use a dental band to keep them from opening in flight. Cheap insurance. 

IMG_20230925_152109.jpg