IGNORED

Another nut job out today !

flukebelly

Decided to run my 14’ bostonwhaler out of Manasquan today.  It’s blowin a bit…but the criss crossing swells must really have the bottom churned up because man the bass are on the feed ! Luckily I brought a few old window sashes for weights ,  and every drop with fresh clams is putting a 30 pounder in the boat. Fishing solo today , so fortunately all i need to do is wait for the right swell and i can reel the big ones right over the gunnel when it dips below the waterline . If you check the Manasquan surf cam you can see me anchored just north of the jetty. 

anyone else out today ? It’s epic ! 

26 minutes ago, flukebelly said:

Decided to run my 14’ bostonwhaler out of Manasquan today.  It’s blowin a bit…but the criss crossing swells must really have the bottom churned up because man the bass are on the feed ! Luckily I brought a few old window sashes for weights ,  and every drop with fresh clams is putting a 30 pounder in the boat. Fishing solo today , so fortunately all i need to do is wait for the right swell and i can reel the big ones right over the gunnel when it dips below the waterline . If you check the Manasquan surf cam you can see me anchored just north of the jetty. 

anyone else out today ? It’s epic ! 

At least your boat is unsinkable

Surf Report for Manasquan Inlet

Rest of today NE winds 30 to 35 KT with gusts up to 50 KT. Seas 8 to 10 FT. Periods of rain.

Rest of today NE winds 30 to 35 KT with gusts up to 50 KT. Seas 8 to 10 FT. Periods of rain.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

At least your boat is unsinkable

There’s nothing more exhilarating than riding the swells ….looking straight up at the sky then straight down into the trough. 

The whaler is handling it like a champ ! I brought a portable gas generator and the sump pump from my basement to help keep ahead of the extra water in the boat. Pretty good so far , only about a foot or two which im using as a live well . I have about 4 solid keepers swimming around my feet as we speak. I will start culling if the weather gets worse and i need to run back in.

2 minutes ago, flukebelly said:

There’s nothing more exhilarating than riding the swells ….looking straight up at the sky then straight down into the trough. 

The whaler is handling it like a champ ! I brought a portable gas generator and the sump pump from my basement to help keep ahead of the extra water in the boat. Pretty good so far , only about a foot or two which im using as a live well . I have about 4 solid keepers swimming around my feet as we speak. I will start culling if the weather gets worse and i need to run back in.

Seriously?Here I thought you were joking. Hey why the hell not whatever floats your boat, whalers are unsinkable

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt