IGNORED

My New Cervical Spine

32 minutes ago, Slayer1962 said:

DR Tyler Kreitz , I had three titanium plates put in my neck 

spine.jpg

Thank you and good luck to you. They want to put 2 in mine. My fear is adjacent disc disease after the fusion. They say in 10 years there’s a good probability that the adjacent disc will need to be done. 

10 hours ago, Rjtfd said:

My fear is adjacent disc disease after the fusion.

You are likely correct as this is exactly why my surgeon pushed for 3 levels of disk replacement.  If he did 2 he said I would certainly be back on the table within 5 years (if not sooner), based on the condition of the disk between c4/c5.  Skill aside, you need a surgeon and staff that will fight the insurance BS and get you the treatment you need; not just kowtow and do only what insurance is willing to cover.  The more you do now, the better.  I am officially one week out now and starting to turn the corner.  I awoke with no pain, but that rebounded after the anesthesia wore off.  Spoke to surgeon today for a virtual follow up and I’ll see him in person (with new X-ray) on 8/1.  Good luck, reach out if you think I can help. 

1 hour ago, Zone50BugNerd said:

You are likely correct as this is exactly why my surgeon pushed for 3 levels of disk replacement.  If he did 2 he said I would certainly be back on the table within 5 years (if not sooner), based on the condition of the disk between c4/c5.  Skill aside, you need a surgeon and staff that will fight the insurance BS and get you the treatment you need; not just kowtow and do only what insurance is willing to cover.  The more you do now, the better.  I am officially one week out now and starting to turn the corner.  I awoke with no pain, but that rebounded after the anesthesia wore off.  Spoke to surgeon today for a virtual follow up and I’ll see him in person (with new X-ray) on 8/1.  Good luck, reach out if you think I can help. 

How was the food

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt