IGNORED

Site is back online with a new host! Please report all issues here!

BowhunterNJ

RDF, I definitely have some tuning to do yet.  Hopefully it'll get faster over time.

The sideways pics are a pain on forums.  Pretty sure it has to do with orientation, if you take pics with your phone in landscape, it uploads them sideways, always assumes they are portrait.

But I've also seen even portrait ones go sideways.

I wrote a rotation program, but it still requires more testing.

I've been using it from time to time on the site, but it isn't ready to release to everyone.

Still cannot get site via wifi and DSL modem. I can only get on my iPhone if I turn off wifi. I try to ping it from laptop and it times out. I can connect to any other site without issue.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

No problems over here as of yet. Thanks for making this site awesome bro

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

I can get on with my phone, no issues loading etc.

The only issue I am experiencing is if I use the "back" button in the iPhone, it redirects me to the blank page stating you are still migrating to a new host. This is only when I use the back button.

Other than that is seems to be working well.

Still cannot get site via wifi and DSL modem. I can only get on my iPhone if I turn off wifi. I try to ping it from laptop and it times out. I can connect to any other site without issue.

This can only be an issue either your laptop's DNS cache or with your ISP's DNS.

At this point I'd imagine all ISPs DNS would have been updated.

I had the same issue you are right when I moved the site, and had to flush my DNS to get it to work.

Here is a guide on how to do that depending on what OS you are on:

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache

Note, your laptop's DNS cache will eventually refresh on it's own, but I don't know how long that will take.

I would have thought by now it certainly would have.

Try that and if it doesn't work, please let me know.

Looking at my own DNS cache on Windows, I see njwoodsandwater.com has a pretty low TTL (this in seconds) before it expires and refreshes, so now I'm not sure if refreshing your DNS cache will work since it should have refreshed itself long ago.

www.njwoodsandwater.com
    ----------------------------------------
    Record Name . . . . . : www.njwoodsandwater.com
    Record Type . . . . . : 5
    Time To Live  . . . . : 101
    Data Length . . . . . : 8
    Section . . . . . . . : Answer
    CNAME Record  . . . . : njwoodsandwater.com

I did the "ipconfig/dnsflush" several times recycled modem/router several times rebooted laptop several time and the bottom line I cannot get to this website through any means of Internet in my house wireless or hooked up to Ethernet. Only way I can get to this site is on iPhone with wifi turned off. I am out of options, although fact that my phone can't connect on wifi suggests the problem is in my router or modem

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Yeah this is a very strange issue, I'll keep digging around and see what else I can determine.

If your phone doesn't work on WIFI, I agree that isolates the problem to your router/modem or your ISP's DNS...or the routing from your ISP to the website (if something were down or misconfigured somewhere in between).

Who is your ISP?

My host support got back to me with this information:

After changing the name servers/ DNS it generally takes 24-72 hrs. The propagation generally happens the ISP wise ,Some ISPs cache old values for much longer than the TTLs as they use broken name resolvers, in which case you may have to wait more like the 24-72 hours. If your clients are a part of such ISP's then they need to wait till DNS propagation completes.

It may just be that you're with an ISP that takes longer to refresh their DNS.

We are coming up on 72 hours this afternoon (3 days since the migration on Wednesday)...so hopefully that is the issue and it resolves itself soon.

Sounds like it's ISP sided based on what you've described thus far.