IGNORED

Thanks!

JVP1983

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice for this newbie.  While I didn’t get a bird, I still enjoyed the process.  Think I needed to be in the woods earlier, and I’ll keep practicing my calls.  Heard plenty of birds and saw lots of hens, just couldn’t get any gobbles in.  Will try again this fall, I’m definitely hooked.

40 minutes ago, JVP1983 said:

Heard plenty of birds and saw lots of hens

You will soon find out that you won more than half the battle. Knowing where (and being where) the birds are is the hardest thing. And even if they don't come in, at least you are in the game and having fun. Sucks when you are in a spot and there isn't a bird to be heard or seen for hours.

Don't get upset if you don't hear any talking. I have filled lots of tags of birds coming silent. They always hear you calling, but don't always answer

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

I called 8 gobblers in 1 morning last year within 50 yards and didn’t kill any…I’ve been deer hunting 24 years it’s my true passion but last year was my first year attempting Turkey hunting, I’m going to give it another go bright and early tomorrow morning…I use my knowledge of my property along with tips from the wise ol’ wise men on this forum 👍🏻