IGNORED

Pike Fishing NJ Reservoir

I alternate houses my fiancé lives on Cranberry Lake I live in deer country. I have fished her  lake that gets at least 1,500 fingerling pike every year for over 20 years both ice and boat with live bait but in 5 attempts yet to see a pile. Caught pickerel and bass but not target species.  I may try tail end of this week if it warms and slow troll some big shiners in shallow flats or near warming shorelines. Lake gets beat up as bad as any small state lake can though but would think there should be a few big pike surviving. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

3 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

I alternate houses my fiancé lives on Cranberry Lake I live in deer country. I have fished her  lake that gets at least 1,500 fingerling pike every year for over 20 years both ice and boat with live bait but in 5 attempts yet to see a pile. Caught pickerel and bass but not target species.  I may try tail end of this week if it warms and slow troll some big shiners in shallow flats or near warming shorelines. Lake gets beat up as bad as any small state lake can though but would think there should be a few big pike surviving. 

Have you tried fishing for them with a slip float and a live shiner. I usually fish in about 15 feet of water over some weeds or structure. Set the bobber stop so the bait is 7 to 10 feet down. Anchor up, cast out and wait for the bobber to start moving, then set the hook.

Pike in the Passaic has been very successful , the've spread throughout the river system to areas even where they weren't stocked.

Rusty were you part of the stocking program? If so thank you and can you tell us anything about it ?

Edited by FLDBRED-BDC

Pennsylvania Upland Hunting