IGNORED

TSS turkey load experiment Outdoor Life article

Bonefreak

31 minutes ago, LanceinNJ said:

The problem I have at that range is that my bead would cover the entire bird. So it’s basically poke and hope. I’m sure it’s superior, but I’ll stick to the copper plated 6’s that have killed a ton of birds for me inside of 40 yards. 

Yep. That’s what the author states….bead covers up the bird at that range….what fun is that…shooting at a bird u can’t see!

good article and points.   To me turkey hunting is about the HUNT, calling them in, hearing the spit n drum   watching the show. it's not about the shot or bragging about how far.

I will admit killing a few at longer distances after hunting them and having them get under my skin but not 90 yards  lol

Vice President Piedmont Chapter NWTF, Christian Bowhunter, NRA,  EX resident of Communist Jersey

49 minutes ago, tomturkey said:

good article and points.   To me turkey hunting is about the HUNT, calling them in, hearing the spit n drum   watching the show. it's not about the shot or bragging about how far.

I will admit killing a few at longer distances after hunting them and having them get under my skin but not 90 yards  lol

Agreed! I couldn't fathom even considering taking a shot at a bird at 70-90 yards even with TSS. Guess it can be done but not for me. Just like shooting Ravins out of the box at 100. No way Id ever consider it even though it can be done. No fun in that to me.

Ive shot them in the wide open at 45-50 a couple times, but the last thing I want to do is poke at a bird, injure it then have to start chasing it down to finish it off. Nothing sublime about that experience to me. I want them 15-25 yards all day. 

15 is to close.  They always see me sitting against a tree. Lol.  I use to let them in n watch the show as long as possible. Now. After a lil entertainment and they r under 40 I take the first clear shot presented.  

I have taken one once in a field at 53.   Didn’t realize it was that far before the shot.  I also saw someone with a 10 ga take 2 jakes at 61 and 64 in open hardwoods 

I won’t buy tss  for turkey   Too darn costly     I do the benefits in small gauges