IGNORED

FYI....harvest down 38.5% up to permit archery season

NJ8pointer

On 12/12/2021 at 10:46 AM, bucky said:

Deer numbers in this state needed to be reduced not just for the insurance industry but for the forests that were being wiped out of new growth, now that we have met that goal I agree its time for adjustment, one buck per weapon and with doe harvest reduction 

well you cut the buck tags from 6 to 3 with one buck per weapon.  But I argue why weapon matters?  Lots of deer infested areas are bow-only, and many prefer bow over gun or muzzy.   That's why I say 2 flexible buck tags, use as you like   

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

On 12/11/2021 at 12:24 PM, BHC said:

where did I say to others hunt this way or that way.......From my original post I said my opinion....you either need glasses or medication cause you read what you want to read.....But come next year make my words the areas that got hit hard with EHD, hunters with the brown it's down mentality will be bitching the deer herd is worst

Few years ago EHD killed off roughly 60% of the deer herd in and around the Wallkill Refuge in Sussex County, the herd still hasn't recovered completely

Milk River area of Montana gets hit with EHD more often then NJ, but being the area is most private and the hunters play it smart the herd recovers faster then here in NJ cause they don't go out to KILL and show off with "see all the deer I killed, I'm a great hunter" 

Watch and learn .....Police your actions now for the future 

Montana is a one buck state regardless of weapon and species (mule deer or whitetail). Plus doe tags are limited and have to be purchased individually. Just mentioning this because I don’t think the hunters there are any wiser, they just have more restrictions, which to me is a necessary good thing. 

NJ, on the other hand, has a complete lack of deer management. Even when the biologists recommend  reductions in seasons, the council doesn’t want to listen as they argue that will take opportunity away from sportsmen. Carol said over a decade ago that the Jan feb shotgun segments were no longer needed to meet objectives, yet here we are with them in perpetuity. It’s just stupid.

8 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

well you cut the buck tags from 6 to 3 with one buck per weapon.  But I argue why weapon matters?  Lots of deer infested areas are bow-only, and many prefer bow over gun or muzzy.   That's why I say 2 flexible buck tags, use as you like   

6 to 2,  in my opinion a gun is gun whether its ML or shotgun. We all know killing a big buck is a little easier during bow season because of the rut, mature bucks will screw up much more chasing putang, then throw some of the cheats in there that regulation permit making it a little more easier. Not all bowhunters are willing to wait for two bucks that will score over 130 but are are happy to kill two smallish 8 pointers  back to back in consecutive days which I don't agree with. Personally, if I shoot one nice buck with the bow I am content and pack the bow up for the season that gives the other bucks in my area the opportunity to grow that much bigger for the following year.  By gun season the bucks have their smarts back and are much harder to kill and most likely will make it another year, I know this because I have killed more good bucks with the bow hands down. The only way I would agree with two flexible tags if a timeline was set for the second buck after the rut has passed, lets say Dec15th for shits and giggles.. That's just my two cents:up: