IGNORED

Shoprite Chicken

Batsto

11 hours ago, JFC1 said:

all my red meat comes from deer. I don't even look at the price of beef.

I buy 99% of my food from local farms...that's meat and produce..I pay far less per lb for organic, grassfed beef than folks who complain about the cheaply and inhumanely raised factory farmed meat in the grocery store.  Organic pastured pork. Organic free range chicken and eggs. Organic grassfed lamb.  You don't have to look far to find a quality farm.  Buy in bulk and save a ton of money.

I save money and I support local businesses.  It's a win-win.  I have another 1/4 cow coming in a couple of weeks.  

6 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

There are domestic lithium stores that are being tapped in to now and some small, emerging companies at the forefront of that.  China dominates the market in that regard, but the necessary global supply is enormous and getting larger daily.  I think there is money to be made in these operations. 

The challenges in the US with any kind of resource harvesting are the regulations.  The cost of extraction is very high because of these regulations.  Things like OSHA compliance and any other kind of environmental compliances at the state and federal level.  China doesn't give two hoots about the environment, so they can exploit these resources at a lower cost.  Then add the cost of labor and potentially unionized labor on top of that in the US.  It makes it cost-prohibitive and and high-risk (some political cartel could decree by executive order that lithium extraction is banned).

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

6 minutes ago, Batsto said:

Hey Biden.. so you grew up in Pennsylvania. Then mama would understand.

https://corporate.perduefarms.com/responsibility/chairman-ceos-message/

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

On 12/1/2021 at 10:32 PM, hunterbob1 said:

Having a good hunting year? Pics:nerd:

6 does and a big-bodied public land 6 so far, all xbow. Below is a shot of some nicely balanced size-tenderness doe in the beech/white oak grove end of Oct. Crazy exit wound w first-time use of Grim Reaper White Tail Special; heart shot went in under scapula from up high on stand.  We're not eating much Shoprite chicken. Last night was Hank Shaw's Belgian Carbonnade venison recipe. So far also missed a big 8 from the ground--damned twigs--and let a wide body walk because it was too dark for the careful shot. Not bad. Not great. But a fun season so far. Key things for me so far have been travel corridors and acorns, not corn. And time in the woods. Let's see how it shakes out now with leaves gone. 

How's that new piece of ground working out for you? Enjoy.

doe .jpg