IGNORED

UFC fight tonight

Buckeyes11

9 hours ago, Buckeyes11 said:

Chris Weidman suffered a career ending injury. Hope he’s ok

04E82E4B-AF52-431C-B534-59B9F55DF620.png

More and more Martial Artists- myself included have Switched over to the Lower Calf Kick. I switched from the Thigh to the calf after watching what happened  to Anderson Silva.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

1 hour ago, Fred Flintstone said:

More and more Martial Artists- myself included have Switched over to the Lower Calf Kick. I switched from the Thigh to the calf after watching what happened  to Anderson Silva.

But Silva break was due to a kick below knee. I did not see what happened yesterday.

Edited by Lunatic

2 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

But Silva break was sue to a kick below knee. I did not see what happened yesterday.

The kick was almost in the same location. Instead of inside kick (Silva), Weidman's came from the outside. 2090067509_UFC168-26101.thumb.jpg.b2a059c9d45002c9e14c0331745293a1.jpg 

My "Handle" is not my aim, I'm paralyzed as a C 4-5 quadriplegic.

Boy, that fight card was one of the best.  

1.  Anthony Smith damages his opponents foot and gets a TKO between round 1 and 2.

2.  Weidman - Ugh...that was hard to watch.  I watched the first 2 replays and then I couldn't anymore.  He should retire.  He's a great guy but he keeps getting injured.  I told my daughter he was Mr. Glass right before the fight and then that happens on the first strike.  Crazy.

3.  Shevchenko was so dominant against Andrade.  I thought Andrade would have a good chance if she could clinch but Shevchenko just dominated.  She's amazing.  I love her social media.  She's big into guns, speaks like 8 languages, and is a stone cold kller. 

4.  Rose's KO of Zhang?!  That was crazy.  I love Rose but I thought she would get pieced up.  That was amazing.

5.  Usman KO of Masvidal.  I was pretty sure Usman would win but figured it would be a 5 round grind.  Usman is pretty close to moving ahead of GSP in my opinion.  Not yet, but close if he keeps winning.  He seems to be getting better too....

I don't illegally stream, so I pay full freight.  THAT UFC was worth it.  Lots of good prelims too....

57 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

But Silva break was due to a kick below knee. I did not see what happened yesterday.

I just saw a Doctors report on Utube that, I  could upload here. Calf Kicks are much Safer then Thigh kicks or kicks just below the Thigh in which the kicker shin could hit the opponent's  Kneecap.

That is what happened- shin to Kneecap. A bit too graphic to upload that video here-so check it out yourself.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

2 hours ago, Cripple Shot said:

I guess with all that adrenalin he didn't even know he broke it because he swung his leg back and tried to stand on it.

From Dana White's Twitter...

1 hour ago, dlist777 said:

Boy, that fight card was one of the best.  

1.  Anthony Smith damages his opponents foot and gets a TKO between round 1 and 2.

2.  Weidman - Ugh...that was hard to watch.  I watched the first 2 replays and then I couldn't anymore.  He should retire.  He's a great guy but he keeps getting injured.  I told my daughter he was Mr. Glass right before the fight and then that happens on the first strike.  Crazy.

3.  Shevchenko was so dominant against Andrade.  I thought Andrade would have a good chance if she could clinch but Shevchenko just dominated.  She's amazing.  I love her social media.  She's big into guns, speaks like 8 languages, and is a stone cold kller. 

4.  Rose's KO of Zhang?!  That was crazy.  I love Rose but I thought she would get pieced up.  That was amazing.

5.  Usman KO of Masvidal.  I was pretty sure Usman would win but figured it would be a 5 round grind.  Usman is pretty close to moving ahead of GSP in my opinion.  Not yet, but close if he keeps winning.  He seems to be getting better too....

I don't illegally stream, so I pay full freight.  THAT UFC was worth it.  Lots of good prelims too....

I don’t even know UFC exists anymore. They used to have fights on regular channels every so often to promote the sport, I guess they don’t have to do this anymore. There was much more advertising about upcoming fight. I have not seen one single UFC ad in years. PPV, which I used to get has one problem with it. It comes out, or at least it used to come out, way too late. The main card would not start till about midnight. I just gave up on it and they dont peak my interest by being invisible 

Edited by Lunatic

Once it went PPV I stopped. I catch the prelims and their specials they run on regular cable.  Other than that I just read about it or watch the highlight reels and in about two months they'll show the card on regular cable.

My "Handle" is not my aim, I'm paralyzed as a C 4-5 quadriplegic.