IGNORED

Beretta 686 vs. Browning Citori vs. Winchester 101

alabjr

1 hour ago, 68Ioweu1 said:

Idk man, you get a lot of literal bang for your buck with Turkish o/u for a fraction of the price. They’re Beretta clones with EELL wood forwards under a grand.

check out Yildiz shotguns when you have a chance.

I wouldn’t say they’re clones exactly... I have the Mossberg Silver Reserve II (Turkish made O/U) and I’ve already needed 3 repairs in the first year and a half (and only about 2,000 rounds). Firing pins breaking, safety and barrel selector seizing up, receiver chipping... And I’ve seen on many forums that shooters who shoot a similar amount have similar issues. Berettas and Brownings are built to withstand tens of thousands of rounds without any problems. 

With that said, I agree it’s a GREAT deal IF you’re ONLY hunting with it. After all, how many pheasants or other small game animals are you really shooting per year with an over under? Even if you put a few hundred rounds a year through it shooting at game, it’ll be 10 years or more before you shoot it hunting as much as I have shot mine in a year and a half shooting clays (and hunting).

I bought it for the price point and was very happy at first, but now I lose my confidence more and more every time I pull the trigger, assuming it’s just a matter of time before something’s going to happen again. If I could go back and do it again, I would’ve just saved more money and waited until I could get something of higher quality.

I have 3 Citoris and 4 686s including 12,16 and 20 gauge guns. They are all great guns. Handle well with no issues. I prefer the 686s due to the slimmer format especially the forend wood. All the Citoris have thicker forend wood than the Berettas. I have no experience with the 101s

On 3/5/2021 at 10:30 AM, OldPiney Woods said:

I have 3 Citoris and 4 686s including 12,16 and 20 gauge guns. They are all great guns. Handle well with no issues. I prefer the 686s due to the slimmer format especially the forend wood. All the Citoris have thicker forend wood than the Berettas. I have no experience with the 101s

Are yours sporting guns or field guns? What specific models if you don’t mind listing?

Mostly field but I have a Citori Lightning Sporting Clays model in 12 gauge. The other Brownings are a Feather Light in 20 gauge and. Superlight Feather in 16 gauge. The 686s are an Essential in 12 gauge, a Special in 20 gauge, a Silver Pigeon in 20 gauge and an Onyx in 20 gauge. Some were bought used some new.

2 hours ago, OldPiney Woods said:

Mostly field but I have a Citori Lightning Sporting Clays model in 12 gauge. The other Brownings are a Feather Light in 20 gauge and. Superlight Feather in 16 gauge. The 686s are an Essential in 12 gauge, a Special in 20 gauge, a Silver Pigeon in 20 gauge and an Onyx in 20 gauge. Some were bought used some new.

Do you like the silver pidgeon? I’m in the market for one. Wanted one for many years and never went for it. Now I think it’s time. Went to Griffen and Howe but they were out of any to look at. I’m looking for 12 ga. 28” barrel specifically. 

I really like all my Berettas. That is why I have 4 of them and thinking of getting a 28 gauge. The Pigeon is very nice. I think they are the best value in O/U in that price range. I lucked out and got real nice wood with mine. Griffen and Howe is a great place but their new Pigeons are    priced a  couple hundred higher then other places. Before all this crazy stuff with gun availability, Cabelas use to run a sale on Pigeons once or twice a year. I got mine there for $200 off the regular price which was like $400+ less than G&H. Also at the Delaware store there is no sales tax or NICS fee which made for even more savings.

D4B501F0-000F-4636-93CB-0E40FB1DF55C.jpeg

On 3/1/2021 at 7:35 AM, Trykonkid11 said:

Some Brownings most newer ones are unfortunately made in Japan. My trap gun is a browning ultra XT. Made in Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the best shotguns made come from Japan. I don’t know what your thinking 🤔