IGNORED

The 20 gauge is ready for the range!

GilV

On 2/26/2021 at 11:59 AM, GilV said:

I would have been at the range already, but Wednesday I had my upper teeth removed and a denture put in. Right now the thought of the gun going off doesn't thrill me! Ha!

Be fun to see a picture of you without your teeth.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Keepshooting said:

Nothing loaded yet, sabots just received , now try and find some bullets? Everyone is out of stock ? Even Hornady? I will post results once I've loaded and shot some.

What kind of bullets are you looking for?  MidwayUSA has Hornady .45 XTPs and FTXs in stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that [barrike], ordering some Barnes TTSX and some Hornady FTX to see what loads and shoots best. Will let you know. Just got my cast off Thursday, next X-ray in early May then hopefully can start pulling the trigger and dialing these in? I have Red Dot, Green Dot, Blue Dot and access to some Longshot powders, so lots of options. Any suggestions where to start would be appreciated.

4 hours ago, Keepshooting said:

Thanks for that [barrike], ordering some Barnes TTSX and some Hornady FTX to see what loads and shoots best. Will let you know. Just got my cast off Thursday, next X-ray in early May then hopefully can start pulling the trigger and dialing these in? I have Red Dot, Green Dot, Blue Dot and access to some Longshot powders, so lots of options. Any suggestions where to start would be appreciated.

Longshot in the 20 is brutal and unforgiving.  Super loud and harsh.  A couple tenths of a grain can make a huge difference in poi.  Between green dot and blue dot, i found the blue dot to shoot a little better with the slugs from ballistic products.  Same for the 12ga that i reloaded.  Good luck  

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in responding. I finally got a round that shoots great in my gun. I was new to reloading slugs and was probably compressing the original rounds I made. 

The final round that shoots great out of my gun is recommended in the loading manual for the CCS sabots I use. I wound up shooting 28 grains of Blue Dot with a 300 grain XTP bullet, a CCS gas seal, 5 1/8" nitro cards and a CCS sabot in a 2 3/4" hull. The CCS reloading manual states the 300 grain bullet will shoot 1500 fps. At 50 yards I had 3 rounds nearly touching. I haven't shot this round at 100 yet, but I will soon.