IGNORED

Anybody reloading 20 gauge slugs?

GilV

24 minutes ago, GilV said:

I reload centerfire rifles and even make my own cases for 350 Remington Mag. I am sick of trying to find 20 gauge slugs and can't see why they couldn't be reloaded. Has anyone done this yet?

Thanks

Gil

You would have to find the component and they are just as hard to find as the finished product.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

5 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

Its even hard to find the Barnes Expanders for the muzzleloader.

Try to find a Hornady 300gr XTP 45cal  OUT OF STOCK !!

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

In 20 gauge you only have a couple options. You can get sabots from Emma Young at CCS sabots and put your own bullet in them, but CCS sabots are expensive just for the plastic sabot. Or you can go to slugsrus.com and get a bullet/sabot combo that is basically a match to the remington buckhammers. These are relatively cheap in comparison 

AWM

12 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

In 20 gauge you only have a couple options. You can get sabots from Emma Young at CCS sabots and put your own bullet in them, but CCS sabots are expensive just for the plastic sabot. Or you can go to slugsrus.com and get a bullet/sabot combo that is basically a match to the remington buckhammers. These are relatively cheap in comparison 

Not sure that Emma would sell components of their (her & Chris') 20GA slugs right now. If so they are really the only show in town. Her sabots are custom made.

Edited by bushden
SPELLING

HONOR THE FALLEN

I checked this site out. The price for their hulls and sabot slugs come to $.85 a round for 100 rounds. I now have to figure out the cost of powder, primer two of their tools. If they are accurate out to 100 yards I am a winner.

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Slugs/departments/198/

Once this anti gun fear subsides and manufacturers catch up I will stock up. Because of what went on last year there are 6 million first time gun owners that added to demand.

I checked out primers and powder. If it takes 23 grains of powder that would be $.07 per round and $.03 per primer. That would make $.95 a round not counting tax and shipping, but you have pay tax and shipping for slugs also.

I have to price the two tools and double check the math. If these figures are correct even I can afford to shoot slugs often.

29 minutes ago, GilV said:

I checked out primers and powder. If it takes 23 grains of powder that would be $.07 per round and $.03 per primer. That would make $.95 a round not counting tax and shipping, but you have pay tax and shipping for slugs also.

I have to price the two tools and double check the math. If these figures are correct even I can afford to shoot slugs often.

If you buy preprimed hulls you avoid hazmat charge. Then you just need powder and roll crimp tool. 1” pvc cut to length after your first load is done eliminates buying any tool and makes all your slugs the same length and same wad pressure

AWM

1 hour ago, bushden said:

Not sure that Emma would sell components of their (her & Chris') 20GA slugs right now. If so they are really the only show in town. Her sabots are custom made.

She has sold me sabots and has seals in the past. Loaded ammo is in short supply but the sabot/gas seal shouldn’t. Could be wrong bit I don’t use their sabot anymore. Too expensive.

AWM

49 minutes ago, GilV said:

I checked this site out. The price for their hulls and sabot slugs come to $.85 a round for 100 rounds. I now have to figure out the cost of powder, primer two of their tools. If they are accurate out to 100 yards I am a winner.

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Slugs/departments/198/

Once this anti gun fear subsides and manufacturers catch up I will stock up. Because of what went on last year there are 6 million first time gun owners that added to demand.

I shoot the LBC that they offer in 12 gauge, extremely accurate

AWM

27 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

I shoot the LBC that they offer in 12 gauge, extremely accurate

Good to know. I called their number just to make sure they are still in business and got their answering service. I will call tomorrow to talk to them about an order.

Are you using their vise and roll crimp tool?

Thanks

Gil