IGNORED

Here is a nice NJ eight pointer taken on the second day of the season by Will Ji...

UBNJ

I was thinking about Will a few days ago on 9/11. In fact I wrote a letter to my brother about him....

I re-read the story of what he went through and how the two Marines found him and his Sgt and helped rescue them.

I admit I started to cry as I thought about it all. It must have been terrifying....I've known that feeling of thinking you're going to die. I actually came to peace with it at the time, because of my Faith and it strengthened my Faith, but it's still emotional and no one wants to leave this Earth and everyone we love. I put myself in his shoes for a few minutes and the tears flowed for the man and for all those we lost.

I also started thinking about my youngest brother who is just a short time away from graduating from Marine Corps Boot Camp at Parris Island. 

I thought about how 13 years ago those towers fell and lives changed forever. My brother Andy ended up going into Iraq with the 1st MEF to fight....now here we are 13 years later,  the World still in turmoil and my youngest brother facing the possibilities of virtually the same war.

It makes me sad to think of the World we live in now. All I can think is....

Thank GOD for men and women like Will, my brothers, the Wounded Veterans I've met, the Police and Firefighters I'm friends with.... and anyone and everyone who serves, protects, gives of themselves for the greater good....the ones that put themselves on the line for the rest of us. We owe them everything!

Great buck Will!  :up:

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

I was thinking about Will a few days ago on 9/11. In fact I wrote a letter to my brother about him....

I re-read the story of what he went through and how the two Marines found him and his Sgt and helped rescue them.

I admit I started to cry as I thought about it all. It must have been terrifying....I've known that feeling of thinking you're going to die. I actually came to peace with it at the time, because of my Faith and it strengthened my Faith, but it's still emotional and no one wants to leave this Earth and everyone we love. I put myself in his shoes for a few minutes and the tears flowed for the man and for all those we lost.

I also started thinking about my youngest brother who is just a short time away from graduating from Marine Corps Boot Camp at Parris Island. 

I thought about how 13 years ago those towers fell and lives changed forever. My brother Andy ended up going into Iraq with the 1st MEF to fight....now here we are 13 years later,  the World still in turmoil and my youngest brother facing the possibilities of virtually the same war.

It makes me sad to think of the World we live in now. All I can think is....

Thank GOD for men and women like Will, my brothers, the Wounded Veterans I've met, the Police and Firefighters I'm friends with.... and anyone and everyone who serves, protects, gives of themselves for the greater good....the ones that put themselves on the line for the rest of us. We owe them everything!

Great buck Will!  :up:

Nicely stated.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.