IGNORED

Overhunting deer in NJ? Poor regulations?

HuntEmDown505

58 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

What was not implemented. There are no rules in this zone?

The unlimited anlterless hunts,  early season opener, extended season into mid February,  limited days of shotgun, and muzzleloader permit days when compared to many other zones...

These zones have deep mountains,  not easy to pattern deer,  they have plenty of space to avoid hunters 

6 minutes ago, BHC said:

The unlimited anlterless hunts,  early season opener, extended season into mid February,  limited days of shotgun, and muzzleloader permit days when compared to many other zones...

These zones have deep mountains,  not easy to pattern deer,  they have plenty of space to avoid hunters 

If you look at the geography of most of the unlimited zones  they are in hi people population areas with smaller chunks of land wich is why the more limit.  Zones like say 21 have huge tracts of land with a higher carrying capacity like you are describing and lower limits

38 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

If you look at the geography of most of the unlimited zones  they are in hi people population areas with smaller chunks of land wich is why the more limit.  Zones like say 21 have huge tracts of land with a higher carrying capacity like you are describing and lower limits

When I use to email the state deer people about implementing antler restriction they said NO cause it wouldn't work, and these zones have large public land tracts for weekend only hunter and non resident hunter, my reply was just over the river same public land , same type of terrain yet PA successfully has done....zero reply....hence state wants money 

3 hours ago, bucky said:

Its time for one buck per year state wide but there would be too much of this:crying:

Okay, but why?  There has to be some study or research that supports OBPY is a good idea not "I believe OBPY is enough". 

If some areas can sustain more harvest why should those hunters subject themselves to OBPY?   I get it in some areas but I don't get it statewide?