IGNORED

The myth of shooting does without fawns

Bucksnbows

I hunt for meat.  Last season I had a good group of does 5 or more.  So no problem shooting a doe. So far I only have one on camera in the area.  I haven’t had a time  to find a different spot to hunt does. I most likely won’t hunt EAB, if I’m in my current area. Just for population sake. Also just been. Too damn hot to get out there and search for me.

Ok to each their own. Now I have shot Doe with fawns I have killed just fawn .I think it depends on what I have planned for my year last year I any shot bigger does because I had time to hunt.i also any take two deer off each property each year so I always have deer moving though. I didn't take any deer off one property last year was not see enough deer. This year I want to fill my freezer and move on to bird hunting.so all bets are off. Good luck to all.

Plenty of studies that show once falls are on solid natural food they will be fine. That’s not to say they aren’t more prone to be hit by cars. Or eaten by predators. Or wander past a hunter. A study done by necropsy (I think that’s the actual term) also show that if you want to increase your number of buck fawns born to shoot all does over 3 1/2. To increase overall deer number then shoot does under 3 1/2. Basically the study analyzed fetus sizes as well as scaring on the does ovaries. They are able to tell within 2 days accuracy of exactly when that doe was bred. Just some food for thought.