IGNORED

Found Everything Needed For Mineral Site

BHC

1 minute ago, smittty said:

I’m not gonna try and over think this mineral thing Lunatic says it works that’s good anuff for me for now anyways 13 days more and I will post a report

It works, I promise you it does. If anything the grain in it is an attractant. 

14 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Yes it does just before and when it buds and flowers with some after it flowers.

As far as your mineral food additive. The grains will mold and rot away they won't last month's.  It's the salt and stuff that they keep hitting.  I've hunted areas where I put salt blocks and went back years later to find hugs holes in the ground loaded with tracks.  They were still hitting it years after I put the blockBs. 

4 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I really think you are nuts. You just like to argue. I just told I have been using it for 3 years with zero molding issue but you read something on internet, with zero experience with the product and you will continue your argument on what you read. 

No I read the label.  It says to mix it with food.  It has grains in it. Grains rot.

1 minute ago, nickmarch said:

No I read the label.  It says to mix it with food.  It has grains in it. Grains rot.

That’s how you get in trouble 99% of the time. You read a snippet of info and it become bible for you. Smith gave you the answer. In wet condition, condition you mentioned as a condition of grain getting moldy, salt stops mold from establishing or growing. 

2 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

What is wrong with you?

Time is of the essence in salvaging wet feed and grain. Both will begin to heat and mold very quickly, leading to spoilage as well as the possibility of spontaneous combustion. As soon as possible, you should remove dry portions of grain and store them separately. Dry bales of hay should be removed and restacked in a dry location, since capillary action will draw water up into the stack.

Wet feeds should be presumed harmful to animals until tested. They may contain contaminants from floodwaters, as well as mold spores which sometimes produce dangerous toxins.

https://nasdonline.org/1973/d001567/salvaging-stored-wet-feed-and-grain-drying-marketing.html

1 minute ago, nickmarch said:

Time is of the essence in salvaging wet feed and grain. Both will begin to heat and mold very quickly, leading to spoilage as well as the possibility of spontaneous combustion. As soon as possible, you should remove dry portions of grain and store them separately. Dry bales of hay should be removed and restacked in a dry location, since capillary action will draw water up into the stack.

Wet feeds should be presumed harmful to animals until tested. They may contain contaminants from floodwaters, as well as mold spores which sometimes produce dangerous toxins.

https://nasdonline.org/1973/d001567/salvaging-stored-wet-feed-and-grain-drying-marketing.html

You are without any question an idiot. I’m telling you with 3 years in the field with this stuff I have no mold problem, or any problem with deer avoiding it and you keep insisting it will mold. Go away you are wasting everyone’s time 

If I put anything out that sweet smelling/taste bears will come in and take over or just move on like this bear and two others I had on cam. Why they don't like eating Lucky Buck I have no idea. Now a few years ago I tried a product from B&J not sure the name of it was  but it was very dry and it did in fact have grain it and a week after putting it out mold was seen on it, same with Record Rack Nuggets mold within two weeks, both times deer never touched it once mold was seen

image.png.4dfdae2b9e0cc7aaeb4f555e250be74d.png

I forgot to look at the future weather forecast,  it looks like no rain of significance for awhile in my neck of the woods.. i would put some water on it so the minerals would soak into the Earth. 

My thoughts on molding at least from what I experienced is I don't have alot of deer like farms or residential areas do, so it sits longer....but Lunatic says what he says from years of doing it then I'll take his word....I would put that product out but like I said a hint of Molasses will also draw in bears and will take over and deer will leave the immediate area

I really don’t think mold will be a problem there’s just to much salt. Salt a preservative and will not allow  bacteria to grow so I Don’t see how mold can form. I don’t know maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think so 

13 hours ago, Lunatic said:

You are without any question an idiot. I’m telling you with 3 years in the field with this stuff I have no mold problem, or any problem with deer avoiding it and you keep insisting it will mold. Go away you are wasting everyone’s time 

What's the betting  line on this topic getting out of control and getting closed ?

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

14 minutes ago, smittty said:

I really don’t think mold will be a problem there’s just to much salt. Salt a preservative and will not allow  bacteria to grow so I Don’t see how mold can form. I don’t know maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think so 

Nothing grows with that much salt in the soil. I have not clear anything in this spot in over two years 

D2CE9585-3951-4556-BC84-8F5AC8167E82.jpeg