IGNORED

Found Everything Needed For Mineral Site

BHC

1 minute ago, Bucndoe said:

Bear, deer, and turkeys use the same habitats. Trying to eliminate one from hitting some type of food source is like trying to fill up the low end of a pool from water taken from the deep end of the same pool.

I've never had a bear take over a mineral lick even when I had Lucky Buck out which smells great sweet apple scent sure they stop smell, taste and then move on , now they have taken over corn, feed blocks and other goodies

7 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Bear, deer, and turkeys use the same habitats. Trying to eliminate one from hitting some type of food source is like trying to fill up the low end of a pool from water taken from the deep end of the same pool.

I do it regularly.  I feed late winter into spring.  I stop deer from eating at my turkey spot by adding garlic and Cheyenne pepper.  The deer won't touch it!  I can't stop turkeys at the deer spot though but there are rarely turkeys at the deer spot.

On 5/26/2020 at 2:40 PM, hammer4reel said:

I found mixing different brews can shut a site down quick .

so I try to separate the mixes even if in the same area.

I tried Lucky Buck minerals, A block from tractor supply I think Purina mineral block and a trophy rock. They seem to be hitting all 3

IMG_0077.thumb.JPG.6df75835284fba58b0fb0013235bdf6e.JPG

www.liftxrentals.com

I was gonna start a site off with lucky buck then try and add my own minerals. Well my tractor supply was out of lucky buck so I grabbed two 50lbs bags of trace stock salt and one 50lbs of all purpose live stock minerals. I will mix it tonight and put it out tomorrow and also put one of them berry blocks they like to draw them in. I have no idea if it will work or not but I will let you all know in two weeks