IGNORED

Found Everything Needed For Mineral Site

BHC

So BHC this is what I use as trace mineral it is sold at tractors. One part of this mineral, one part of trace mineral salt you use, one part of dical and one part molasses. I tasted it and it’s very salty, can’t really taste molasses and it maybe just a scent attractant, although maybe deer can taste it. It looks like also salt but with more mineral than in your trace mineral salt

B2B819F5-B6C2-4DAF-8467-FE85168EBD5D.jpeg

703A907F-2364-480D-B867-60C2141D3362.jpeg

1949336F-182E-40CC-8941-677B290D1581.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

So BHC this is what I use as trace mineral it is sold at tractors. One part of this mineral, one part of trace mineral salt you use, one part of dical and one part molasses. I tasted it and it’s very salty, can’t really taste molasses and it maybe just a scent attractant, although maybe deer can taste it. It looks like also salt but with more mineral than in your trace mineral salt

B2B819F5-B6C2-4DAF-8467-FE85168EBD5D.jpeg

703A907F-2364-480D-B867-60C2141D3362.jpeg

1949336F-182E-40CC-8941-677B290D1581.jpeg

That’s what I use. One bag of that and two bags of trace mineral salt 

17 minutes ago, smittty said:

That’s what I use. One bag of that and two bags of trace mineral salt 

That mineral stuff is supposed to be mixed with food and consumed.  It has grains in it. When it gets wet and warm it will get moldy.  

Feed grade dried molasses is drum dried. What they scrape from the drum dryer.  It's The leafy stuff from sugar cane that hardens up from heat.  It probably also has other stuff in it. It's also for feed Wet it and see what happens to it.

Edited by nickmarch

Easy To Feed

Producer's Pride General Purpose Mineral makes providing supplements to your livestock easier than ever. All you have to do is simply mix this supplement with your animals' feed, lay it out and watch as they consumes it eagerly.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/producers-pride-general-purpose-mineral-50-lb

Edited by nickmarch

37 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

That mineral stuff is supposed to be mixed with food and consumed.  It has grains in it. When it gets wet and warm it will get moldy.  

Feed grade dried molasses is drum dried. What they scrape from the drum dryer.  It's The leafy stuff from sugar cane that hardens up from heat.  It probably also has other stuff in it. It's also for feed Wet it and see what happens to it.

Bs it will get moldy. I have it out for almost 3 years and there is no mold. They hit it 9 months after the last application. 

41 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Your farmers soybeans have beans already?  The beans are what have protein.

Alfalfa has protein as well

protein is no problem for deer in nj. Minerals are hard for them to get

Edited by Lunatic

31 minutes ago, smittty said:

The grain must be ground because I did not see any looked just like the trace salt to me

It contains wheat, cane molasses, corn distillers dried grains. It will never get moldy and deer love it

15 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Alfalfa has protein as well

Yes it does just before and when it buds and flowers with some after it flowers.

As far as your mineral food additive. The grains will mold and rot away they won't last month's.  It's the salt and stuff that they keep hitting.  I've hunted areas where I put salt blocks and went back years later to find hugs holes in the ground loaded with tracks.  They were still hitting it years after I put the blocks.

Edited by nickmarch

3 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

It contains wheat, cane molasses, corn distillers dried grains. It will never get moldy and deer love it

Do you know what distillers grains are?  It's the waste grain from making alcohol and ethanol.   You dont think it rots?

Edited by nickmarch

8 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Yes it does just before and when it buds and flowers with some after it flowers.

As far as your mineral food additive. The grains will mold and rot away they won't last month's.  It's the sale and stuff that they keep hitting.  I've hunted areas where I put salt blocks and went back years later to find hugs holes in the ground loaded with tracks.  They were still hitting it years after I put the blocks.

I really think you are nuts. You just like to argue. I just told I have been using it for 3 years with zero molding issue but you read something on internet, with zero experience with the product and you will continue your argument on what you read.