IGNORED

Stevens 12 Gauge side-by-side shotgun

MikeStaten

Bought this one years ago and only shot some clays with it two times so going to let it go.   Not sure what it’s worth so feel free to make an offer.   

For full disclosure, the first time I fired it, I had an occasional issue where the second barrel did not fire after shooting the first.  My father in law brought it to a gunsmith in PA and the smith said there was no issues so try another brand of ammo.  The second time I used Remington ammo and had no issues.   With that,I’m selling as is as I really don’t have the time to deal with it.   

ECCE1182-9630-4C9D-90C2-8950ABEF2F8A.jpeg

C2CC7DBC-87FD-467E-887B-F66FF690B090.jpeg

B01D3713-DF18-4672-842E-650703C42F17.jpeg

4B6E1375-5837-4A79-B8C1-115CBCB703A2.jpeg

78013F45-C705-47CA-B26B-334D512C2896.jpeg

8EE23407-9456-4001-BBFC-47274BC4C9A0.jpeg

E53F06C2-91A6-4838-936F-58614E663BD2.jpeg

I have one.  Good solid gun. Was my father's.  If your gun has 28" barrels they are choked M/F. If the barrels are 26" they are M/IC.  

Mine (28") shoots a little tight for me with birdshot but it's a deathray with Winchester 1buck.  

If someone wants a solid gun to carry in the swamps looking for a pine buck.. this is the gun.  

I have one it's a simple solid gun. Okay with birdshot I second what swamprat says, tried it once kicks like a mule with buckshot. Limbsaver recoil pad should help alot. Is that a model 311?

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

8 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

I have one it's a simple solid gun. Okay with birdshot I second what swamprat says, tried it once kicks like a mule with buckshot. Limbsaver recoil pad should help alot. Is that a model 311?

I believe it is a 311.  I only shot it the two times and both were with field loads.  Didn't notice the  kick being better or worse than average but those loads were fairly light. 

This gun is an earlier version of the the 311. The J Stevens Arms Company was a semi-independent subsidiary of the Savage Arms Company until 1942. That year the companies formally merged. Then the Springfield J Stevens model evolved into the Savage Stevens 311 which were also initially made at the at the old Stevens factory in Chicopee Falls. Then Savage closed the Chicopee Falls factory and moved the 311 production to their Westfield, Mass. facility. Like the 311 the Springfields are very plain but sturdy made guns.The Springfield was better balanced than the later made 311 after the 1950s which were still hardy guns but heavier and not well balanced. I have owned both a 311 and Springfield.

7 minutes ago, OldPiney Woods said:

This gun is an earlier version of the the 311. The J Stevens Arms Company was a semi-independent subsidiary of the Savage Arms Company until 1942. That year the companies formally merged. Then the Springfield J Stevens model evolved into the Savage Stevens 311 which were also initially made at the at the old Stevens factory in Chicopee Falls. Then Savage closed the Chicopee Falls factory and moved the 311 production to their Westfield, Mass. facility. Like the 311 the Springfields are very plain but sturdy made guns.The Springfield was better balanced than the later made 311 after the 1950s which were still hardy guns but heavier and not well balanced. I have owned both a 311 and Springfield.

Thank you for the interesting history.

This one is very sturdy.  Action locks up tight and lever is to the right.  No play in the action or forearm at all.