IGNORED

Vacation pics (pic heavy) - Switzerland, France, Iceland

JHbowhunter

DAY SEVEN - back to Iceland, the game plan was to take a 9pm tour and see the Northern Lights...

Rented a car - something called an "Aygo" I think. It was tiny.   Holly did not approve of my choice of vehicles but made sure to tell me I was "number 1".  

Iceland is brutal - weather sucked.  40 mph winds, 39 degrees and rainy.   Trip got cancelled.  Just had a great seafood dinner and good night sleep.   Flight out next day at 5pm, weather still brutal. Shopped where we were staying in Reykjavik.  Then left early for the airport to check out "The Blue Lagoon" where although it's a man-made outdoor spa, the water is naturally heated (geothermal).  There are active volcanos here. We did not go in the water, as reservations are required.   Iceland overall - pretty ugly just miles of emptiness in old ugly lava fields.  I would need more time to properly explore.  Tons of things to do here (adventure wise) including world class big trout fishing.   But again - brutal, rugged country and good weather is at a premium here. 

That's a wrap!!!

IMG_1142.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1153.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1164.JPG

IMG_1165.JPG

JZGA7201.JPG

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

9 minutes ago, MPSR said:

Out of all 3 which you think best for a honeymoon? We are looking into Iceland....

awesome pics!!

Maybe Iceland in July?  Could do ice caves, glacier hike, whale and puffin watching, blue lagoon, and possibly even trout fishing...   However - Iceland would not be my choice of honeymoon, but maybe an adventure trip someday. 

Switzerland by far, and could easily explore Germany (Black Forrest) and that part of France quite easily. There is no price or way to quantify just how scenic it is. 

Or if you do fly IcelandAir - you may as well do same or similar, but end trip or start trip with 3 more days in Iceland.      

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….