IGNORED

Jet Sled use #1001!!!

Minnows!!!

For years I have been trying to find a way to keep low maintenance minnows available for the spring fishin season.....

I have tried a huge fish tank in the garage w a filter.....too many minnows would still lead to die offs, smelly garage n wife wud complain, had to feed em fish food, filter clogged w dead minnows, algae growth, etc.

Tried filling a 55 gallon plastic drum....still die offs and hard to net the bait. 

This year I used multiple containers (2 bins, a cooler, n the jet sled) holding only between 10-20 minnows each container......its been a month and they r still going strong!  They are probably surviving on mosquito larvae....hence their name....mosquito fish!!  Lol

20190423_191128.jpg

20190423_191109.jpg

50 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Lol

If we get infested by mosquitoes...the wife will have me using the ol sled for a bath!

When I used to have 55 gal drums around the house,I had the gutter leaders run the rain water in em for the vegetable garden all summer.

I used these..,..

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mosquito-Dunks

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

11 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Well, if they are feeding on the mosquito larvae, you shouldn't have a mosquito problem, right?

Pretty good idea you have there!

Lol.Go to the pet shop.Minnow,gold fish flakes and brine shrimp, real plants grow algae and plankton.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt