IGNORED

Need a Manhattan clam chowder recipe

Buck154

That looks good!

That's one thing I have never planned on doing. Clamming. But now I'm re-thinking :)

What do you need? Just that rake and a bucket?

Where can you go clamming? I hate to have to ask this, but it's NJ so you know it is a valid question - are there zones or permits I have to worry about? :D

I assume the answers are in  one of our digests - Saltwater/Marine Digest I guess?

4 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

That looks good!

That's one thing I have never planned on doing. Clamming. But now I'm re-thinking :)

Where can you go clamming? I hate to have to ask this, but it's NJ so you know it is a valid question - are there zones or permits I have to worry about? :D

I assume the answers are in  one of our digests - Saltwater/Marine Digest I guess?

Need  the $10 Clamming licence.  That allows you to keep 150 a day, clam rake, and a good back...lol

12 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

That looks good!

Yes in the Marine Digest and the seasons and the areas open to take clams. Have to pay attention to the areas. Its weird. Barnaget and in the Navesink

15 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Have to pay attention to the areas. Its weird. Barnaget and in the Navesink

Oh man, you ain't kidding! I just found an online map that shows you the clamming areas - you really have to be careful, there's a lot of prohibited places.

In case people didn't know, NJ has an online map that shows you the allowed and prohibited places you can clam - see here:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=5f6e08fc9e354467a2fd455790ef114a

I see lots of red (prohibited) all over.

13 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Oh man, you ain't kidding! I just found an online map that shows you the clamming areas - you really have to be careful, there's a lot of prohibited places.

In case people didn't know, NJ has an online map that shows you the allowed and prohibited places you can clam - see here:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=5f6e08fc9e354467a2fd455790ef114a

I see lots of red (prohibited) all over.

Yeah its hard to tell where you are some times as on the maps.