IGNORED

First dedicated predator rifle!

BowhunterNJ

Yea, I am glad at least they allow semi auto shotguns. It is a shame they do not allow others.

But it is what it is.

In PA in have stuff to hunt with but for NJ all I have is shotgun.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

Matt, don't overlook a .243. The bullet is a bit heavier but will be less affected by wind on long open shots. You can always have it for a back up deer rifle. Factory ammo is always available somewhere.

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt

That's what I thought...I don't own any .25's or less, guess it's going to be Muzzleloader this season.

Hit the mark more than once with the Hawken...she never let me down!

Edited by Gruntmaster

NRA Life Member
"From My Cold Dead Hands"                          I'm all for Gun Control...I use both Hands.

Yeah a lot of good coyote rounds will leave a massive hole on foxes, and a lot of fox specific rounds just aren't enough for coyotes unless you get them in pretty close and place your shots very well.

ML or shotgun with deer loads will blow a hole through them like a grenade I'd imagine.

I was at Cheyenne today and looking at rifles.  I'll tell you, for the price, that Ruger American is a really nice gun.  Fit and feel are awesome (for me), and it's only $359 I believe.  They just started making it in .223, if it shoots well, it would be an awesome setup. I can see buying one of these and sending it out for a custom dip or just doing a home camo job! :up:

The Standard is available now

6913.jpg

http://ruger.com/products/americanRifle/

The All Weather Stainless version will be available in March 2014:

6926.jpg

http://ruger.com/products/americanRifleAllWeather/

Looked at the CZ 527 as well, man that safety is funky…just weird compared to say the Remington 700 30-06 I have.  That would take some getting used to.  Also the bolts on the guns seem pretty rigid, maybe they'd loosen up a bit and smoothen out with a little use and break in?

Also grabbed a Kimber 84L Mountain Ascent just from the look, even though it only comes in .308 caliber.

This gun is UNREAL light, weighing in at 4lbs 13oz! Crazy gun, expensive, but many that thing would be a dream to carry! :up:

mountain-ascent.png

http://www.kimberamerica.com/rifles/model-84m/mountain-ascent

Place near me in pa has Americans at like 329 or so and the all weather they are taking orders 400

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

Well I'm pretty sure I'm gonna seek out a .17 Remington, just not finding many options of manufacturers...Remington and CZ are the only two I've come across thus far. I felt the CZ 527 and didn't really fall in love with it, so seeking out other options. If I can get my hands on one, I'd sight it in and use it, but until then I'll be toting the shotgun around.

If I get a .22-250, I'll def look into that Ruger American, seriously a heck of a price point and from the reviews I've read it's a solid shooter! :up:

Call Tanners sporting goods Jameson pa. They have savage 17s and maybe the bmag.