IGNORED

First dedicated predator rifle!

BowhunterNJ

Ok cool...Just let me know. I think Im going to make a trip of it this year and give it a go. It wont cost much, everyone will chip in for gas and food. Since I don't have dogs and I don't know anyone with dogs Im going the call route as well.  Also don't worry about a rifle I have plenty. Most of your shots here would be in the 50- 150 range and a regular hunting rifle would work fine. My daughters 243 with 100 grain rounds would be perfect. I also have a couple 308's. I have a couple spots that if I have enough guys to drive would definitely kick out some yotes. Ive seen as many as 5 pop out while bear hunting. If we did any drives a shotgun with buckshot would be better.

Edited by Palawman30

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

Yeah I could always tote my 30-06, which I'd put a little range time in with before that weekend, but I'm pretty comfortable out to 250 with it.

For that contest, hide damage is a non-issue.

The main thing really becomes places to hunt…we need A LOT of land to call.

I've only called for them, never drove or used dogs, so not sure how that all works even or effective ways to do it (driving).

Calling generally takes some running and gunning with a lot of spots to hit (preferably unhunted before that season, yotes get call shy/smart really fast) and the wind has to be right.

You sure the contest isn't calling only? It's 24/7, by any method?

You can call, drive  or post. A lot of yotes are killed by driving smaller patches of woods... My camp is smack in the middle of 190,000 acre state forest with another 30,000 acres. You absolutely would never run out of room to run and gun for yotes. The first night of deer season you hear them all night long calling around all the gut piles. I would call at night and early morning and late afternoon with some small drives middle of the day.

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

Yoooo Chris! What's up man! How you been? What scope did you mount on it? What round you shooting?
Whats up Matt. Everything is good. Im getting myself ready for NJ predator season as well. If you are looking for a super custom gun this is probably not for you, but for an awesome off the shelf total package I dont think it can be beat. http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/10XPPREDATORBRUSH As you can see it comes with a matching scope. Its not the best scope but it has been flawless for me. Ive used it out in OH several times hunting and even on dark nights it gathers sufficient light. Im shooting the Hornady 243 58 gr. Great round and it shoots excellent out of this gun. Edited by ChrisM