IGNORED

Freezer mishap leads to lots of cooking

DV1

What dish is the second picture ?

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

34 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

What dish is the second picture ?

The imitation roast beef.

It's herb encrusted, seared and roasted to 125 IT.

I used parsley, oregano, thyme, granulated garlic, salt and coarse ground black pepper. Coat the meat with these ingredients, liberally. I used dried herbs, you can chop and use fresh ones, if you have them.

Got a cast iron skillet with vegetable oil very hot, then seared the roast on all sides, then put in a pre-heated oven (350) on a rack, placed on a cookie sheet, until the IT reached 125. Take it out and let it rest about 10 minutes. 

The horseradish cream sauce is just 1/2 cup sour cream or mayo, 2 or 3 tbs horseradish (depends on how much 'burn' you like) and about a tsp on lemon juice. If using the sour cream, add salt to taste. If using mayo, you don't need as much, if any, salt.

I have a deli slicer and sliced it thin for sandwiches. It was terrific with that sauce on a good club roll (snowflake roll would be good too but the store didn't have any), with swiss cheese and banana peppers. 

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Thanks for all the kind words, and tips on the monitoring device...and yes, it was all good. The venison and broccoli was the best. That was how I used my tenderloins, so that's probably why.

Slice the tenderloins into medallions, place in a bowl with a bit of olive oil and soy sauce...not much, you don't want any liquid in the bowl. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and ginger. let it sit while you blanch the broccoli florets. Give them an ice bath after about 3 minutes. While broccoli is sitting in the ice bath, dredge the venison in cornstarch and then brown them in a pan with hot oil to give them a nice crust. Remove the meat from the pan. Either clean that pan to re-use or get another one and start some olive oil on medium heat, saute minced garlic until fragrant or just translucent, then add the broccoli, a bit more oil if you need it and a splash of chicken stock, before the garlic starts to burn...you don't want burnt garlic. 

Hit the broccoli with salt, garlic powder and ginger, and some soy sauce as you finish cooking the broccoli. Add the meat when the broccoli is almost done (the meat shouldn't need any more cooking, just heating and mixing with the broccoli).

Serve over rice, or alone, topped with toasted sesame seeds. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

1 hour ago, Hunter115522 said:

That roast looks amazing! For what it's worth, the FDA actually says it is ok to refreeze thawed meat. I only found that out a couple years ago, after believing my entire life that you can't.

I know it's safe to refreeze, but the quality suffers. Besides, I had to clean a good bit of blood and ice/frost out of the freezer, so it had to be shut down and defrosted.