IGNORED

old time fuel hand warmers

I have a couple of the old time fuel hand warmers that my father used years ago.

Do any of you still use them? They would smell I believe because they use solid or liquid fuel.

Are they warmer thank hot hands?

I am betting no one uses them any more.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

I actually still have my pops old ones which are atleast 47 yrs old . The ones I have take the same fuel as Ronson lighters . The do smell n have almost burnt up one of my hunt'n coats. With the way they make gloves nowadays n the hot hands there's really no need for them. They still make them, my sister n law gave me a set last year for x-mas.

You add camo to anything, it immediately becomes cool.

I have three of the old ones that look new. I also have the cloth pouches. Maybe i'll use them when working outside when it is cold.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

I used them "back in the day" as it were.  The liquid fuel models worked best, but both were hot when lit.  The solid fuel stick models sometimes were a PITA to keep going.  These days, we wear such better clothing that only on the coldest of days will I use a chemical hand or toe warmer.  By layering with moisture wicking layers and wearing an outer layer that blocks the wind, you should stay comfy all day long.  Gone are the days of cotton long johns underneath and a heavy wool layer on top.       

I use this and chemical warmers if it's REALLY cold.

attachicon.gifUnknown.jpeg

But I still have the old style fuel stick warmer, just think it's easier this way.

I use the same set up and keep a plastic zip lock bag to reuse the chemical warmers later. Great for a couple hour hunt. Just make sure there are no holes in the bag and you can use them until the heat is finally out.

• 5 weeks later...

They bring back lots of memories for me...

My Dad would swear by them, he started me out with two way back when.

I still can remember them warming up on the dash of the truck before we headed out for the hunt.

They kept us pretty warm and comfortable.

We also use to bring a small Coleman stove and make hot chocolate mid morning and plan the balance of the day.

Some things you never forget...This was forty years ago...

NRA Life Member
"From My Cold Dead Hands"                          I'm all for Gun Control...I use both Hands.

_X7,

Sometimes I won't even wear gloves, the mitt keeps my hands toasty and if I see a deer I want to shoot then I can suffer for the few minutes it takes to kill it.

_X7,

Sometimes I won't even wear gloves, the mitt keeps my hands toasty and if I see a deer I want to shoot then I can suffer for the few minutes it takes to kill it.

I very rarely if ever will put gloves on while hunting although I have good pair with me. I keep handwarmers in my pockets so my hands stay warm and free and ready to shoot. I wore no gloves when it was 8 degrees and -5 wind chill this year.  My gloves are for dragging deer....

Thefirstndsecond is a WUSS! :)

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights