IGNORED

Monster Brown Trout

10pt

23 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

Dream Fishing Close to Home. Did you Release them or :cook:

You want to be careful about eating fish from the Great Lakes.  They can have a lot of mercury in them.  I think most fisheries up there recommend a max. of one meal per month due to the mercury levels.  Could be other things than mercury as well.  

What happens up there is a lot of those smaller tribs can only handle so much pressure. There are also many people up there that keep everything they catch and keep way over their limits. The tribs run through private property and the land owners can and will shut down the access when the masses show up. Looks like you had a great trip and had a blast congratulations on some great fish.  

On 11/11/2018 at 3:52 PM, 10pt said:

.I caught a steelhead that looked like a slammer bluefish.Tried to land it with my hand instead of waiting for my buddy to net it and he broke off.

Just delete or edit. to say, someone, burned a spot when in NY The Guides. and Tackle shops there do a better job. Like Saying I hear the Trout are biting big time every Cast at Saxton Falls. Stripers are Blitzing North Jetty Belmar  Inlet.   The days of CB Radio there was more False info on spots blitzing and I sure gave my share of it. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

2 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

You want to be careful about eating fish from the Great Lakes.  They can have a lot of mercury in them.  

May I add any Fish and Shell Fish from most Waters. NJ and Federal Guidelines exist for Fresh and Salt waters many ignore them, foolishly Mercury and Arsenic build up over time and will get you. I always ate the Heart and Liver of a Deer. Till NJ posted an advisory to avoid them.  don't know if that still exists. Sorry for the off topic.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif