IGNORED

venison with mushroom-horseradish sauce over pasta

mazzgolf

Can't remember where I got this recipe - might have been here for all I know. I love horseradish, and this recipe had flavors that is very different from most venison recipes I've seen, so I decided to try it.

This came out pretty good!

Venison with a Mushroom-Horseradish-Mustard Sauce over bed of pasta.

The original recipe called for frying up venison steaks cut in strips - but I bet this is good with anything - cutlets, chops, etc. I actually used ground venison - I put the venison in a bowl, added salt, pepper, onion flakes, oregano, and a little bread crumbs, mixed it all together and made patties. I ended up with four patties for the amount of meat I had. Whatever venison you have, fry it up to your liking/doneness in about 2 tablespoons of butter. Takes about 15-20 minutes.

While you are cooking that, cook some pasta. The recipe actually called for egg noodles, but I just boiled up some linguine - you can use fettuccine or just plain spaghetti, too, I suppose.

For the sauce, get a small sauce pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add a cup of mushrooms. Cook until tender. Then add 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce, 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard, one cup of water and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (mix the corn starch in the water first, then pour that into the saucepan). Bring to a boil, then lower heat - cook 'til thick. The recipe called for "prepared horseradish", but I used "horseradish sauce" (like horseradish mayo) - I love that stuff. If you really like horseradish you can add a little more, but of course its horseradish so watch out :)

Once everything is done, put the pasta in a bowl, place the meat on top, and pour the sauce over top everything.

Like I say, this has very different flavors from most of the venison recipes I've seen - it's different, but I thought it was very good. Still get the venison flavor to come through, but the horseradish sauce really pops out taste.

venison-horseradish-sauce.thumb.jpg.3b902916cd5fa85d228b68027f702080.jpg