IGNORED

Monmouth county bowhunt?

Big Blue

• 2 weeks later...

Article I just saw about Holmdel that clearly defines “weapons” to include bows, crossbows, etc.  The concerning part is they used hunting as an example of how to apply this no discharge law.  I do not believe a local municipality can define nor restrict hunting regulations.  Thoughts?

http://www.centraljersey.com/news/independent/stories/holmdel-officials-ban-use-of-bow-and-arrow-air-guns/article_b2393074-7e53-500b-8dff-c7b1f772053a.html

I think you need to define what your expectations are about what "hunting" means in Monmouth county.   It's really about deer population control and using licensed hunters as the tool to do that.   There are many people who are uninformed about how "hunting" can control deer populations and accomplish other goals at the same time.  A number of those people are unfortunately charged with "coming up with a plan" to bring the population down while placating the animal rights crowd that never ceases to try and denigrate us and scare people.

57 minutes ago, Big Blue said:

That is not what I wanted to hear🤐thought I had a honey hole locked up. Oh well there has to be guys hunting in that area..... We will keep an eye on it and let you know what happens. Thanks for all the input once again

May want to talk with NJDFW Law Enforcement and verify what was said by the town and that ordinance are enforceable.  I feel like you *should* be fine to hunt there as long as you follow all the NJDFW hunting laws.  Trust me, if you have a spot there and can hunt within the NJDFW laws, it's worth asking them to be sure!   Good area as you've seen in your pics! :)

1 minute ago, Big Blue said:

I spoke to NJDFW and as far as they are concerned as long as I abide by all State hunting regulations I am good to go. They have nothing at all to do with Town ordinances and are not concerned with them.

That's what I would think, the town ordinance can't regulate hunting.  Just be sure you follow the laws, shoot a slammer and post it up for us to see! :)

On 7/20/2018 at 5:05 PM, Sugar said:

I was told that by. Police officer...

Towns can NOT make hunting regulations. The cop lied.  Only the Fish & Game Council can make hunting regulations.  Towns that oppose hunting often find a go-around by passing no discharge laws, but they can't mandate things like minimum acreage to hunt on.  

It's not the hunting regulations that would worry me. Would be the discharge of a weapon which was recently clarified as a bow as well. It would be having to deal with the local police on a weapons charge not so much the hunting end of it. However I do not see the local police walking through Woods on private property looking for hunters. Will keep you posted thanks again

it reads that they specifically were targeting bow hunters with this law. Looks like a no go.
    On Monday, August 6, 2018, 12:18:13 PM EDT, 9145279843@vzwpix.com <9145279843@vzwpix.com> wrote:  

http://www.centraljersey.com/top_news/holmdel-officials-ban-use-of-bow-and-arrow-air-guns/article_b2393074-7e53-500b-8dff-c7b1f772053a.html       this article specifically targets bowhunters🤐🙁